Clark County's "Alarm Office" fire incident page is history

Status
Not open for further replies.

br0adband

Clark County's "Alarm Office" fire incident page is history BUT there's a bonus :)

For whatever reason they can come up with the Alarm Office page that showed dispatched incidents is no longer going to be provided as a public service. I'm sure some bean counter someplace decided it wasn't worth the handful of CPU cycles it was taking just to provide some info to the public and someone higher up agreed and killed it.

I fired off an email to the webmaster about it and got the news as the reply.

Oh well. :(

EDIT:

Got more info from someone with Clark County that mentioned an app (I'm guessing perhaps for mobile devices, I don't know) called "PulsePoint" which might be something that'll provide the incident info in the near future, apparently the county is looking into it at this time so, maybe someday we'll get the incident info once more.

Some quick research turned up the website: PulsePoint.org

EDIT 2:

Well I'll be damned, the PulsePoint app works great and it lists the incidents here in the area already, that was quick. Lists a lot more incidents than previously on Alarm Office and obviously having that additional info and now being able to map out incidents in real-time (not to specific exact addresses, however, just the general location) is pretty awesome IMO and worth checking out if you're not aware of this "new" capability here in Clark County.

And, from the little drawer tab at the bottom, the app might even support audio streams direct from the agency at some point as well. When I tap the tab it slide up and shows what appears to be a speaker grill with a button in the middle (to push) and the button has the typical antenna signal indicator on it like ((i)) which doesn't do it justice.

This could be a big improvement on things so I'm enthusiastic about where it could lead. PulsePoint appears to be a fantastic idea and has a strong emphasis on AED (Automated External Defibrillator) usage keeping track of where they are in a given area for quick retrieval and usage when needed.

Some screenshots:

Last edited:

bdillin

Premium Subscriber
Being with LVFR, some of us have been using the app for a while. There are times when we get a notification on the app before the bells drop in the station.

They used to have the audio portion turned on but when we went digital it did not work well in the app so it was shut off.

Haven't checked for a while but LVFR was the only LV valley department on the app. Have CCFD and NLVFD been added?

br0adband

Not as of today, no, but it would be cool if it does end up on the same system in time. No audio is fine, would be nice but I suppose it's not an absolute thing. There was someone here in the area with a Broadcastify feed of just the fire services on S.N.A.C.C. for a short period of time but it's been awhile since that was up and running, it's not even listed anymore so there goes that idea for monitoring just the fire and rescue ops specifically.

There's a lot of agencies on PulsePoint nationwide, was kinda surprised to see so many available but it does seem like a fantastic use of today's comm systems capabilities, especially for actual personnel and volunteers too.

<just for the record I did try to get that damned thumbs down icon on this thread changed to a thumbs up one but the forum software just won't accept the change...> :D

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
Pulsepoint has been used by LVFR for quite some time now. The in app audio is pulled from a broadcastify feed, which is why there is no in app audio anymore of it. The broadcastify feed was taken down a while ago, before it left the owner updated the status that the feed was going to be taken down since there was issues with it. I did notice that ever since they switched to digital, the fire feed was really hard to listen to, as it did a lot of skipping and made lots of transmissions un-listenable.

br0adband

Been thinking about setting up an old laptop of mine as a dedicated OP25 machine for just the fire/rescue/EMS stuff (LV, NLV, BC, and Henderson) only and potentially creating a stream for it but that's on the back burner at the moment (no pun intended). The LVMPD traffic gets boring at times and I miss being able to monitor the fire and rescue comms so I'll probably devote some time to this soon, at least that's the hope.

gmays189

Pulse Point and CCFD have signed an agreement in October. The CCFD will have there call posted on Pulse Point. Just FYI.

br0adband

Well, do you mean just the textual info for dispatches (which it already shows) or the addition of the audio portion of the dispatches (which is what I'm hoping for but planning for in case it's not)?

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
It would be nice to eventually get a feed back up for all fire depts in Clark County. Its a slight possibility Clark Co might host a feed for their pulsepoint addition, but I have a feeling it wont happen. I've noticed we keep getting new LVMPD feeds up. (Theres another one that must have just came on today for mainly the eastern portion of LVMPD. I'm hoping eventually someone sets a LVMPD feed up just for Convention Center and Downtown, as those are usually the "more interesting" areas with all the tourism.).

gmays189

That's actually my new Metro Feed...Lol. I pick the busiest Area Commands. I also started the Las Vegas Emergency Incident Facebook page. Just hit 30K members. I am former LE so I have a lot of inside info. All three Metro feed are in my admin on the page. We are working with some folks to figure out the FD TAC issues. Working hard to get it back online

Jace1986

Can anyone reference where Clark's County Fire Department signed an agreement for pulse point in Oct. I know Las Vegas Fire and Rescue is already on pulse point. I searched for CCFD and only Clark County Washington comes up. I figured it shouldn't be that difficult to add CCFD to PulsePoint considering CCFD and LVFR share the same dispatch center.

Thanks!

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like Las Vegas/Clark Co FD are on the new LVMPD Feed (North East, South East, South Central, Downtown feed). Its a great addition to the feed until a dedicated fire feed is set up. Its a really clear feed/easy to listen to.

br0adband

Didn't realize there was another active feed for the area so I went looking for it with Scanner Radio Pro (which is just pulling from Broadcastify anyway) and there it is/was, but it's offline for the time being (as of 10:30PM 11/17/2016). I'm still thinking about setting up a feed using OP25 and just for the Fire/EMS traffic alone, the LVMPD stuff is covered and the other Police depts aren't of that much interest to me personally whereas the Fire/EMS stuff has always been a draw for me.

gmays189

I have updated the feed to include All fire departments, Metro (As needed) and NLVPD on the feed. It is currently renamed "Las Vegas Regional Police and Fire"

br0adband

Nice, just added CCFD to the already present LVFR, still wish they offered the audio feed but I suppose that's not nearly as important as the call-out info itself.

kc9lnd

Feed Provider
Pulsepoint used to use the scanner audio from here on radio reference, but doesn't look like there are many for fire right now.

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
Im trying to figure out what the AMB units are (Obviously its probably ambulances), but which agency. As far as I know, CC doesnt have ambulances, just the rescues which are the "R" units. Maybe community ambulance, or whatever ambulance company uses the same CAD software that the F.A.O uses and has linked with them.

Jix250

You're correct. AMB is Ambulance and it will either be AMR or MedicWest. Those calls are the lowest in priority and Fire Dispatch has just sent a private ambulance to the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.