Clarksville scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigalpha

I bought a scanner a while back and could never pick up CPD, CFD, etc. I assume this is because of the LTR and EDACS system?

What's the relationship between the two, and are there any scanners that are capable of scanning these systems?

Thanks.

n4yek

According the the database,
The Fire and Police are using Provoice digital, no scanner can do that.
The LTR system is a passport system and no scanner can track that one either.
Sorry for the bad news....
If the database is wrong about this, some one else jump in.

Last edited:

bigalpha

No biggie -

From some of the reading I did on this website, it seemed futile to try to actively scan the LTR and EDACS systems.

Are the LTR Passport and EDACS system related?

n4yek

LTR and EDACS can be scanned by most scanners made today, as long as they don't use Provoice on EDACS or are using Passport on LTR systems.
I monitor an LTR system daily in Sevier County, it runs in standard mode.
Passport and Provoice are variations of the standard modes, they just can't be tracked with todays scanners.
As far as their relationship to each other, there is none. They are two different trunking schemes owned by 2 different companies.

bigalpha

Ah, I get it now. As you pointed out earlier, the systems here do use the unmonitorable variations (which is typical).

Thanks for clearing that up for me; I thought that LTR and EDACS were somehow related.

Has there been any news on a scanner that can scan the Provoice or Passport systems?

n4yek

As of now, no. The companies that own the trunking systems either want too much money or are un-willing to release the trunking code so scanners can follow the system.
As for the Passport system, there are tips and tricks one can do with some scanners that allow you to hear the communications taking place, you just won't be able to follow
them when they switch freqs unless the system is very quiet with little traffic taking place. I am not sure how to do it though, I believe in the database on the Passport system
for your area I read some of those tricks. It was located on the same page as the freqs and ID's as a little note just above them. You might want to check that out.
It might help you a little.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.