Clarksville, TN Public Safety Audio Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigE_3

I have been listen to audio feed of Clarksville Public Safety and have enjoyed it. So I joined radio reference so I can find out what happen. I've been listen to it for several month off and on. YES! I'm new to this can someone help me or tell me what happen?

Skippy0463

Same question

I have been a listener also and it has been working great up until mid morning Moday 19 Apr 10 then suddenly went offline. Can anyone provide any info as to what happened and why?

spud05

I don't know who runs it, but the last status update said Clarksville was re-banding and the feed would be down indefinitely. I'm guessing whoever owns the radio doesn't have the ability to program it or just doesn't have the time to figure out all the changes yet.

Skippy0463

Clarksville uses EDACS ProVoice digital from what I have found. What is ESK ? I thought over time all of TN would be going to the statewide system and if so is it ESK? So why would Clarksville go to another system or re-band? New to all the digital stuff so sorry for being a such a noob, just would like to learn more.

BigE_3

Clarksville Public Safety System

I'm noob to the scanner stuff. but is there a way to monitor the EDACS ProVoice by M/A Com? Because I bought a scanner last year to enjoy at the NASCAR races but was wondering why I can not hear Clarksville Public Safety, again I'm noob to this I figure my scanner could pick up any thing. When I bought it the saleman said it would pick up police and fire depts. and box showed it would pick up EDACS. I guess then only thing my scanner is good for NASCAR then......

Status
Not open for further replies.