Classified Ad Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4uuz

I currently have a few items for sale in the classifieds.
Today I noticed one of the ads was edited. This was not done by me. Most likely it was done by the potential buyer of one of my items.

I was not happy with the knowledge that "anybody" can alter my (or anyone else' s) ad as they see fit.

I wouldn't think that this could happen.

My question is, is this the way things normally work in the RR classifieds?

Your feedback is appreciated.

kf4uuz

The ad was in the amateur radio equipment for sale category; In the handheld transceivers section. The first day the ad ran was, Thursday, 9/29/11. It was for a Yaesu FT-60. The asking price was, 145.00. plus 10.00 shipping.
I noticed the change in the ad on, Monday, 10/19/11. The ad then read, "SOLD, $155.00."
The ad seems to have been removed today.
I had nothing to do with the ad being changed, or deleted.

I also received an email from PayPal on Monday, 10/19, stating that 155.00 had been put into my account , but 'Do not ship', as the transaction was under review.
Later on Monday, I received an email from a guy in Texas, who said he was the one who sent me the money via PayPal, and it was for the FT-60.
PayPal still has the transaction on hold, and it still advising me not to ship until the issue is remedied.
(I will not ship anything until I get the OK from PayPal.)
I am electing not to identify the "buyer" at this time due to the fact that things are getting heated due to the PayPal issue. He seems to feel that I have his money, and he has no radio.

I don't know if, or how the "buyer" or the PayPal issue is related to my ad being altered.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
The ad was in the amateur radio equipment for sale category; In the handheld transceivers section. The first day the ad ran was, Thursday, 9/29/11. It was for a Yaesu FT-60. The asking price was, 145.00. plus 10.00 shipping.
I noticed the change in the ad on, Monday, 10/19/11. The ad then read, "SOLD, $155.00."
The ad seems to have been removed today.
I had nothing to do with the ad being changed, or deleted.

I also received an email from PayPal on Monday, 10/19, stating that 155.00 had been put into my account , but 'Do not ship', as the transaction was under review.
Later on Monday, I received an email from a guy in Texas, who said he was the one who sent me the money via PayPal, and it was for the FT-60.
PayPal still has the transaction on hold, and it still advising me not to ship until the issue is remedied.
(I will not ship anything until I get the OK from PayPal.)
I am electing not to identify the "buyer" at this time due to the fact that things are getting heated due to the PayPal issue. He seems to feel that I have his money, and he has no radio.

I don't know if, or how the "buyer" or the PayPal issue is related to my ad being altered.

I am not 100% sure but, if you used "Allow Users to Buy your Ad via Paypal Immediately?"Maybe it delete's the ad after a set time, again, I am not 100% sure on this. Lindsay would have to chime in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.