clawson, troy police

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickledmidget

question. im looking to program oakland county stuff.

i cant seem to find troy or clawson police.

i am seeing that
CLEMIS (OakWIN) Public Safety Communications

is where these cities are under. but also says

The Opensky proprietary radio system is not montirable, nor ever will be on any radio scanners.

The following agencies and communites are operating on this TRS:

Berkley, Beverly Hills, Bloomfield Hills, Clawson, Farmington, Farmington Hills, Ferndale, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, Lake Orion, Madison Heights, Novi, Oakland County Emergency Mgmt, Oakland County Sheriff, Oak Park, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac, Rochester, Troy, Waterford Township

so, im assuming i cant get those cities?

any help would be appreciated.

freqs

No Scanner can Monitor Open Sky .so out of luck on Police and Sheriff in Oakland Co .Some Fire have a patch to Open Sky.
Southfield is the only Agency you pick up

freqs

I dont know why they didnt go MPSCS back in the day .
they went Open Sky route instsead after they noved of the old Analog System

pickledmidget

i am getting chatter from macomb and wayne couties.

kinda bummed about oakland but it is what it is.

id rally like to get some airport chatter from any of them.

would a better antenna help?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
i am getting chatter from macomb and wayne couties.

kinda bummed about oakland but it is what it is.

id rally like to get some airport chatter from any of them.

would a better antenna help?
Which part(s) of the chatter? For VHF, you will need to be fairly close by, to pick up ground traffic, and not much further away to hear the controllers. Aircraft can be heard for a decent distance, depending on their altitude.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
im looking to get metro airport but im not close. im about 30 miles away north of the airport

NOTE: The info below if for civilian aircraft, not UHF military aircraft.

Possibly using one of these, mounted as high as reasonably possible aimed toward the airport.

Sirio WY 108-3N 108-137 MHz Air Band 3 Element Yagi Antenna
1604022141484.png

Plus one of these to block out strong FM broadcast stations and pager transmitter interference.

PAR Scanner-Bandpass Filter
VHFBP(116-137)HT

The VHFBP(116-134)HT is designed to pass the aero band while attenuating the commercial FM broadcast band, VHFLO TV and lower frequencies right down to DC.

On the upper end of the passband, the filter offers significant attenuation of the 2M amateur band, pagers, 2 way radio, NOAA weather, VHF and UHF digital television and all other transmitters up through 1GHz.

1604022392175.png

or

VHF-FM Notch Filter

The VHF-FM filter is a classical 3 pole filter designed to substantially reduce signals from the FM broadcast band by a minimum of –25 dB and a maximum of –50dB. Loss at 116 MHz is only –3dB, dropping rapidly from there to only -1.7 dB at 120 MHz. The VHF-FM filter is a classical 3 pole filter designed to substantially reduce signals from the FM broadcast band by a minimum of –25 dB and a maximum of –50dB. Loss at 116 MHz is only –3dB, dropping rapidly from there to only -1.7 dB at 120 MHz.

1604023741042.png

or

Stridsberg FM Notch Filter FLT201A
1604023103655.png

And possibly a LNA (low noise pre-amplifier) if needed.

No guarantees you will be sucessful. Maybe others will chime with ideas, pro's & con's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.