Clay Co P25 Ph 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
I was reading about the P25 Phase 1 system in the works for Clay county. I'm hoping for finally something to monitor when I'm visiting family. Does anyone know if there is encryption planned for the system? Is it still on schedule for an April 17 switch over?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure some enc will pop up. I hear suppose to be mid April to the summer time suppose to switch.

wsmoore

Database Admin
Law Enforcement will be encrypted and Fire/Rescue in the clear. Search Google and they have a video talking about the System to the County Commission.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
P25 control channel on 858.9875, system ID 08A0h-101. System drops off rapidly into St. Johns Co, I'm barely getting a signal at my home.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
P25 control channel on 858.9875, system ID 08A0h-101. System drops off rapidly into St. Johns Co, I'm barely getting a signal at my home.

Good catch. Was the system busy on testing? In June I'll be going by I may hit up the dsd plus and unitrunker see what pops up.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
The short time I was in a location for a solid signal there was no traffic. I'm not getting a good enough signal at my house to run Unitrunker.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
It doesn't look like they'll have that second site. BTW that site in SJ Co (101) listed for St. Augustine is listed in a RFP as an aircraft site, meaning use for aircraft similiar to what the state has set up on their 700 MHz system. I haven't heard traffic on that site in quite a long time.

pawsrock

Question

I entered the frequency list for Clay P25 One of the frequency is picking up Jacksonville. I know because I close the scan list on my scanner.
Ron Fone

simtra

Has anyone heard anything lately on this? I was just looking around and noticed this thread.

All I have seen coming out of DSDPlus is what seems to be sync messages

Sync:+P25p1 NAC:8A1 TSDU

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard anything lately on this? I was just looking around and noticed this thread.

All I have seen coming out of DSDPlus is what seems to be sync messages

The system is just started to being going up. I've been keeping a eye on here for new TG. Not sure when they will switch to the new system.

stray_trons

Clay FL P25/P1

So far the system is in still being tested and a few HT's (Moto APX7000's) are in use with leadership. Mobile equip is being installed and tested. Still looking at June/July'ish turn on for real ops but no LTR cut-off date set yet. P-25 needs to prove itself before LTR is shut off.
P-25 projected to improve HT coverage to >98% of the county. A rather bold statement given the frequency and lack of added towers. We will see...

Status
Not open for further replies.