Clay County, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
If I may point out, he stated and I quote, "new P25 format for LTR multinet". He stated it was a new format. Is it possible there is indeed a format you are not familiar with? I'm only asking because I get the sense you perhaps overlooked his statement.

radiomanNJ1

I have a strong feeling that they are not going to be a beta tester. LTR is a format Multi Net is a similar but different format and P-25 is used to refer to either a modulation or a P-25 Compliant system.

No ad's from any of the companies announcing this combination and why would they want another scheme when P-25 is the APCO standard? All 700 Mhz trunking has to be P-25

If I may point out, he stated and I quote, "new P25 format for LTR multinet". He stated it was a new format. Is it possible there is indeed a format you are not familiar with? I'm only asking because I get the sense you perhaps overlooked his statement.

SCPD

QRT
I started to mention in my last posting how I don't understand all the radio technical lingo and how I am just a scanner user. It seems I should have made the statement. I have no idea what you are referring to.

khvfdff

I am not familiar with this system other than being a backup person to run our backup system here in Keystone. I didnt mean to say that it would be a P25 system. I am just filling you in with the information that I know. As far as our system here in Clay County is concerned, we have not been the only agency that has used LTR MultiNet for their system.. Ever since its inception in 1995, we had a few bugs in the initial works of the system and those have gotten worked out. Our system does work great for us currently.. We are able to patch to any other agency without any problems as is with all trunking systems or upgraded conventional systems. Why switch from something that currently works for us to something or an expensive system that may not work for us, when in this case yes it means new radios, etc. but with rebanding that doesnt matter upgrades are going on everywhere. If all you can do is worry about why we chose the system we chose, then to me you have too much time on your hands. Once and for all stop beating this to a dead horse like i see in other forums.. and please start thinking about things before you post it.. this is just my two cents worth and sorry if i have offended anyone. im sorry that you dont agree with the way things are, if that is the case then please run for county commissioners and make the changes that you feel would be correct. Also please read other posts before you reply. Thank you gracebeliver for your defense too. There could be a new format that no one has heard of and obviously here that is the case so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions if i were you guys. I never heard about it either until when i was in SO Dispatch one day and the radio tech and I were talking and I had asked for the correct frequencies.

Last edited:

carterblumeyer

Premium Subscriber
There is no P25 LTR Multi Net system on the market. LTR is an analog system and is not digital. Clay County uses P25 on Tacs in simplex mode. There is NO Plans to convert the system to P25, Yes P25... for the next few years. Clay County did buy new P25 with Multi-Net Support Star Gate Consoles from EFJ to migrate them to the future... Maybe 3-7 years... So no need to worry it will still stay Multi-net for the next few years...

Carter Blumeyer
EF Johnson Florida/Federal Manager

juskorfus

Someone is doing it

James, there is no scanner on the market that will properly track an LTR Multinet system. Standard LTR, yes - Multinet, no. Your best chance of monitoring Clay is to put the freqs in a conventional system with no delay and hit scan until you hear the particular conversation you're interested in.

There is one of my colleages on IPN that sends all types of calls for Clay County's LTR-Multinet. He has either found a way to scan them, as he notes whether it is Animal Control, etc... or he works for one of the county agencies and has a county radio?
I do not personally know him well, so I am not sure how he follows the traffic (as far as what radio / scanner(s) he uses), but he sure send lots of calls over IPN for Clay County. If you are an IPN member, try sending an internal IPN email to FLA077 I am sure he can help you out on programming/monitoring Clay County.

Walter
IPN FLA124

SCPD

QRT
There is one of my colleages on IPN that sends all types of calls for Clay County's LTR-Multinet. He has either found a way to scan them, as he notes whether it is Animal Control, etc... or he works for one of the county agencies and has a county radio?
I do not personally know him well, so I am not sure how he follows the traffic (as far as what radio / scanner(s) he uses), but he sure send lots of calls over IPN for Clay County. If you are an IPN member, try sending an internal IPN email to FLA077 I am sure he can help you out on programming/monitoring Clay County.

Walter
IPN FLA124

Walter,

Nice to see ya in here. Walter you do an excellent job covering the Florida Panhandle by the way. The way in which I monitor calls for Clay County is rather cumbersome and time consuming at best. For starters they simulcast their dispatches on 154.205. Any calls not requiring a tactical channel all the details stated by field units is "parroted" by the dispatcher. This is the easy part. However, when they switch to a tactical talk group what I have to do then is the cumbersome part. I am using an old Radio Shack Pro 80Something Race Scanner purchased almost 10 years ago. I have programmed all the known frequencies used in their LTR Multinet System found here in the Radio Reference Database. I have the control channel locked out because of the noise. I have to switch on bank 2 which contains these frequencies and turn off bank 1 which has a bunch of other local VHF frequencies programmed. I have to stand there and continually press the scan button over and over. Manually tracking the desired fire/rescue conversation, as it were, amongst a host of law enforcement traffic also in the mix. To make it more of a challenge I have discovered when traffic is happening on one frequency there is another frequency which sounds like a mike is "keyed" and someone is just holding it open. This I believe has something to do with the radio system itself. This means I have to double click the scan button for every conversation occurring. It gets frustrating at times trying to follow Jacksonville stuff on my 396XT when I have to go across the room to this other scanner when something is going down in Clay County. But I get 'er done ... as best I can.

Thanks,

SCPD

QRT
I hope by posting to this I will make it active again as I have a question regarding Clay County.

In the last day or two the tones have begun sounding different. They are the same notes however there is a fraction of a second pause between them. This is different. Also I am no longer hearing the dispatch information on 154.205.

I'm hoping to hear from khvfdff.

Status
Not open for further replies.