Clay County , Florida Feed (Doesn't exist but User is worried about broadcasting of Hospital Tgs.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

Broadcasting hospital is against the rules. He shouldn’t post in the forums(just noticed it was a pm that you now made public) - should use the report button under the feed page IF he can with 100% certainty say it’s broadcasting hospital tgids.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
Broadcasting hospital is against the rules. He shouldn’t post in the forums(just noticed it was a pm that you now made public) - should use the report button under the feed page IF he can with 100% certainty say it’s broadcasting hospital tgids.

sounds more like some trying to start stuff to me but that’s just MHO

Reconrider

sounds more like some trying to start stuff to me but that’s just MHO
110% that person who PMed the db admin was trying to start something. Like the feed isn't even up yet and dude is trying to get him closed lol.

Unless the feeder was bragging about uploading, no one should know what the person is feeding unless you're in the area with a scanner to make sure they're feeding what they say.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I haven't read the feed host rules as I don't feed but I would think that it would apply to Medical patches to the hospital or similar traffic. If someone wanted to feed the janitors or security, I would expect it would be OK.

chris

PrivatelyJeff

Premium Subscriber

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The feed is not yet active, but is already in the listing for the county. Seems like the description indicates that a few ambulance to hospital channels might be broadcast, which is against the TOS.

Perhaps a few seconds of research is more productive than jumping to conclusions about someone's motivations. It also would've been better to keep a private message private, instead of putting the guy on blast. :cautious:

khvfdff

The feed is not yet active, but is already in the listing for the county. Seems like the description indicates that a few ambulance to hospital channels might be broadcast, which is against the TOS.

Perhaps a few seconds of research is more productive than jumping to conclusions about someone's motivations. It also would've been better to keep a private message private, instead of putting the guy on blast. :cautious:

I'll watch my Ps and Qs from now on. I apologize to everyone for causing such a stir and any trouble. @GTR8000 thank you for coming to my defense some.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'll watch my Ps and Qs from now on. I apologize to everyone for causing such a stir and any trouble. @GTR8000 thank you for coming to my defense some.
You have nothing to apologize for. Your concern is valid since the feed description does appear to mention the three ambulance to hospital talkgroups.

For future reference, if you go to broadcastify.com and scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll find the Help link. At the top of the Help page, there is a link to Submit a request. One of the categories you can select is Terms of Service Violation Report. You do not need to be a feed provider to submit a ticket, and this is the most direct way to report a TOS violation. Here is the direct link to that page:

khvfdff

You have nothing to apologize for. Your concern is valid since the feed description does appear to mention the three ambulance to hospital talkgroups.

For future reference, if you go to broadcastify.com and scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll find the Help link. At the top of the Help page, there is a link to Submit a request. One of the categories you can select is Terms of Service Violation Report. You do not need to be a feed provider to submit a ticket, and this is the most direct way to report a TOS violation. Here is the direct link to that page:

Ok. Thanks again!

PrivatelyJeff

Premium Subscriber

ok, then my question is, why was it approved in the first place?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
ok, then my question is, why was it approved in the first place?
Feed notes can be added/modified after the fact by the feed provider; no approval is necessary to change them.

squall8ball

yea. really would have appreciated that.. and no i wasn't going to broadcast that out, was working on my antenna.. but alas you got me shut down anyways... have fun man, was just trying to provide a feed for the county, seeing as how you defiantly wont do it or you would have done it by now.. i seen a need for a feed in this particular area and YOU were not providing it. Dont worry as soon as i get my antenna issues worked out i will reapply to be the feed provider again for this area.

fredva

Feed Provider
I haven't read the feed host rules as I don't feed but I would think that it would apply to Medical patches to the hospital or similar traffic. If someone wanted to feed the janitors or security, I would expect it would be OK.

chris
No, it wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.