Clay County Going Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4fli

Premium Subscriber
My PD is about to go digital here in Clay county and was wondering where I would get the information to put in my scanner. They are testing it now and I don't know where to look.

trumpetman

Database Admin
What kind of scanner do you have? If it's digital capable (and I assume they're going VIPER), put it in "Open" mode or "Search" mode and just listen for new talkgroups.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
What kind of scanner do you have? If it's digital capable (and I assume they're going VIPER), put it in "Open" mode or "Search" mode and just listen for new talkgroups.

And if they are going VIPER (or have gone VIPER) I have added the limited
Clay County talkgroup info to the VIPER database listing. Please let us know if you hear
activity on these talkgroups.
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

kk4fli

Premium Subscriber
Trumpetman, I have a RS PRO-197

It was front page news in the paper this week about them testing digital and the Clay County FD will go digital in about 6 months.

I will start monitoring and let you know.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Alright yeah, throw a wildcard object in there for VIPER and keep an ear out for anything new. NCSHP & MAMA should be the only other active users out your way for right now.

It also wouldn't hurt to do a band search every few days and check for new sites. Bruce Ridge/Chunky Girl Gap & Murphy should be coming online in the coming months. If Clay is going to be moving over to VIPER, they're going to need better coverage. It looks like Winesprings Bald is the only site that might offer decent coverage...maybe Joanna Bald, but I've never had much luck with Rocky Top in the way.

kk4fli

Premium Subscriber
They plan to put up 5 repeaters for the FD.

They have 1 for the PD at Davey Mountain right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.