• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

claysradioshop - any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin486

Hello,
I am considering purchasing a bcd396t from claysradioshop.com -- the main reason is that they are in texas and I live in Louisiana, so it probably wouldn't spend much time in shipping. Also because they take paypal. I searched the forums and have found no reference of them. Didn't know if anyone has heard anything about them.

Thanks,
Dustin

kb9tyc

Premium Subscriber
If you are concerned that they will scam you or have horrible shipping times you may want to purchase your equipment from reputable dealer that others have had no problems with.

dustin486

Do you know of some good ones? The main ones I have heard about are scannermaster and universal-radio. I've heard from a few people that scannermaster is located way in the northeast and sometimes takes a while to get packages to you. And I've had alot of problems with universal-radio in the past (ie after 1 1/2 weeks of paying for an item I call them only for them to say that they misplaced the order and it will ship out asap (has happened twice)).

N4CYA

Dustin..from a ''cb radio website'' i use to hang out on and helped out on before I quit going there. Clays radio shop isnt that really good from what I really understand once you place the order, it takes them a good year to send the item to you. What I would do is call up Scanner Master or ask them in a private message since they are a forum member here on the forums and see what they have to say maybe they can work out a shipping price to you. I never bought anything from Clays so I wouldnt know from experience. Jamie (Git-R-Done)

KT4HX

dustin486 said:
Do you know of some good ones? The main ones I have heard about are scannermaster and universal-radio. I've heard from a few people that scannermaster is located way in the northeast and sometimes takes a while to get packages to you. And I've had alot of problems with universal-radio in the past (ie after 1 1/2 weeks of paying for an item I call them only for them to say that they misplaced the order and it will ship out asap (has happened twice)).

CEI is good, I bought one of my 996's from them - http://www.usascan.com/files/bcd396T.cfm

I also bought my 396 and the other 996 from xtremedeal4u on Ebay. Very quick shipping and I was not disappointed. However, they don't have any 396's listed at the moment.

Any of the major players will have the 396 - Universal, AES, HRO, Grove, Ham Station (takes PayPal). I have dealt with all of them at one time or another, and had no problems. The prices vary, so window shopping is recommended. Good luck.

ervin1

dustin i bought my 396t from clays radioshop about 6wks. ago i live in south texas they are located near fort worth . i received my radio the next day 12 hrs from the time it was shipped . I highly recommend clays radio shop to anyone

dustin486

Yep, as I am typing this the 396 that I bought from clays radioshop is sitting on my desk. I even talked to them on the phone and they are really nice and determined to take care of customers. I would also highly recommend them and you can add them to the list of sites that it is ok to buy a 396 from.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
I have to vouch for HRO Atlanta. I've bought 90% of my new equipment from them. I got my 996T from them for $529. Anything over $100, they ship free UPS ground. I know they are a "chain" of sorts but they've taken good care of me before, during, and after the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.