BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Clean backside of display

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Remove the six screws. Hold the scanner with keys facing down. Gently pull the case apart. Remove the contact pad and the keypad membrane.
You can use canned air or a microfiber cloth to clean the backside of the front lens assy. Reassemble the parts in the reverse order paying attention to the contact pad making sure the black contact point's are facing the correct direction. Attach the front case cover back to the back cover assy and screw the case back together.

Last edited:

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
I have had to do this several times. Has anybody come up with a fix for this problem? I think it's coming in through the headphone jack. I'll have to try and find a plug and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I have had to do this several times. Has anybody come up with a fix for this problem? I think it's coming in through the headphone jack. I'll have to try and find a plug and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes indeed the dust gets real annoying... I have a plug from my old Icom rc-10 stuck in it.
Seems to help some...

I just posted this to show that it is not hard to do for those that want to try and clean it.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Remove the six screws. Hold the scanner with keys facing down. Gently pull the case apart. Remove the contact pad and the keypad membrane.
You can use canned air or a microfiber cloth to clean the backside of the front lens assy. Reassemble the parts in the reverse order paying attention to the contact pad making sure the black contact point's are facing the correct direction. Attach the front case cover back to the back cover assy and screw the case back together.

OOP's... blew the picture's out by accident...

Attachments

• Clean1.jpg
    Clean1.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 409
  • Clean2.jpg
    Clean2.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 409
  • Clean3.jpg
    Clean3.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 431
  • Clean4.jpg
    Clean4.jpg