Cleaning LCD screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiller818

Anyone have suggestions on cleaning LCD screens? I am always concerned that a cleaner might damage it or turn it yellow and that using a paper towel or washcloth would scratch it. My TV and monitor are both the "rough" kind while my netbook's screen is the smooth glossy kind. Any suggestions?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
LCD Screens

Anyone have suggestions on cleaning LCD screens? I am always concerned that a cleaner might damage it or turn it yellow and that using a paper towel or washcloth would scratch it. My TV and monitor are both the "rough" kind while my netbook's screen is the smooth glossy kind. Any suggestions?

For LCD OR Plasma screens I use on my Plasma Screen, ScreenClean, I got it at Future Shop but you can pick up Screen Cleaners At Radio Shack or other stores that are specifically made for cleaning Screens. Also they have cleaning cloths for this job also.
Steve

K

kb0nly

Most of the cleaning solutions out there are nothing more than 20% denatured alcohol and 80% distilled water. I mix up my own most of the time to save money over buying those little bottles of cleaner in the store.

I also bought a big screen tv cleaner, its basically a felt type pad with a handle on it, a few sprays of the cleaner on the pad and you wipe across the screen. Otherwise the same solution and a soft cotton cloth, lint free, does the best job.

If you have a really dirty screen use something like a glass cleaner that is ammonia free, then follow up with the other solution to remove any residue. I have been cleaning computer monitors and tvs like that for years no problem.

rmiller818

I have a cleaning cloth that came with the TV, just never worked great, I will try it wet and see how that goes. Thanks for the help.

shaft

I like to use a microfiber towel, it retains the moisture very well. I damp one part of it, wipe the TV down then use the dry part to go over it to make sure its dry,

K

kb0nly

I like to use a microfiber towel, it retains the moisture very well. I damp one part of it, wipe the TV down then use the dry part to go over it to make sure its dry,

Yep, the microfiber towels are the best. I have a couple of them also. I have three kids and dirty greasy fingerprints takes a bit more than just a damp cloth, hence the alcohol or a bit of ammonia free cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.