Cleaning-up Ohio Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

radios4bill

Hi Moderator and Group: I am in no way complaining! I have been a member of this group for a long time and have been a supporter. I have been into radios for 35 + years in the Cleveland, Ohio area and work in the Two-way business so I know what frequencies and systems are current in the area. I have asked several times to remove old info and get a message back stating that that was not going to happen. With Uniden's new units using RR for it's info I would think this would be a priority. I have owned a PSR-800 and I created my own program so it never was a problem for me but now I would like to just use the database. I would have sent this as a private message but RR does not make it easy. Moderators, I would like to assist with this process if you are up to it. Thanks, Bill

kraftwrk

i agree, bill. if anything, archive the old frequencies away from the live database.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
What do you mean by "old frequencies?"

If you mean frequencies formerly used by an agency which has moved to MARCS-IP or GCRCN or another system, can you confirm 100% that those frequencies are no longer in use (even for backup or interoperability purposes) and that the radios have been removed from vehicles and fixed locations? In my 30+ years in public safety communications, it's been my experience that old systems rarely go away, but rather are relegated to backup or interoperability use.

You mentioned the new scanners, but please remember that the database is not customized toward any one make or model scanner; instead, we maintain a database that's useful for everyone, even the guy who has nothing more than an old Bearcat 101.

From your comments, it sounds like you're irked because the "old frequencies" clutter up your programming. I'm sorry you feel that way, but you're welcome to modify the available information downloaded with your software to suit your needs (which it sounds like you're already doing).

We do not delete information unless it can be 100% confirmed as no longer in use, equipment removed and licenses expired or cancelled. If this is in fact the case, please make an appropriate submission and it will be handled like any other submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.