Clear Creek Law & Fire dispatch repeaters turned up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like Clear Creek's primary Law & Fire dispatch channels (155.6100 & 155.0250) have a stronger signal, did they recently change transmitter configurations?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Most likely they switched towers. Their signal usually booms in to the metro area when they are on the Squaw Mountain site.

rfburns

(155.6100 & 155.0250) have a stronger signal, did they recently change transmitter configurations?
They have multiple sites. Agree that Squaw is not primary tonight on blue unless they increased the ERP by 9 or more db.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Most likely they switched towers. Their signal usually booms in to the metro area when they are on the Squaw Mountain site.

What you do mean by "switched towers"? Do they randomly turn repeater sites on and off just for fun? (Also, I'm still getting the stronger signal as of this morning)

Last edited:

rfburns

Do they randomly turn repeater sites on and off just for fun?
They switch transmitter sites to get the coverage they need. If you listen to a fire or EMS page out, you will hear them transmit on several of the sites, one after the other.

I believe this is what you will hear:
155.025-Squaw, Sheriff's Office, Bellevue, and Saxon.
155.7075-Sheriff's Office, Bellevue, Saxon and Loveland Ski area.
155.745-Squaw, Sheriff's Office, Bellevue and Loveland Ski area.
155.61-Sheriff's Office, Bellevue and Loveland Ski area. (use to also be at Squaw)
155.175-Squaw and Loveland Ski area.
156.240-Squaw

Yesterday I believe they were using Bellevue primarily. Possibly there is an issue at Squaw such as the commercial power being off. Bellevue is north of Idaho Springs.

I don't listen to 155.7075 so I can't confirm that it is on the air at all the sites.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
They switch transmitter sites to get the coverage they need. If you listen to a fire or EMS page out, you will hear them transmit on several of the sites, one after the other.

I believe this is what you will hear:
155.025-Squaw, Sheriff's Office, Bellevue, and Saxon.
155.7075-Sheriff's Office, Bellevue, Saxon and Loveland Ski area.
155.745-Squaw, Sheriff's Office, Bellevue and Loveland Ski area.
155.61-Sheriff's Office, Bellevue and Loveland Ski area. (use to also be at Squaw)
155.175-Squaw and Loveland Ski area.
156.240-Squaw

Yesterday I believe they were using Bellevue primarily. Possibly there is an issue at Squaw such as the commercial power being off. Bellevue is north of Idaho Springs.

I don't listen to 155.7075 so I can't confirm that it is on the air at all the sites.

Wow, it looks like the RR info. for Clear Creek county needs some updating. RFP docs re: Gilpin/Clear Creek/Blawk Hawk consortium circa Feb. 2012 indicate they planned to simulcast Law & Fire channels on Squaw, Saxon, Loveland and Bellevue. Did the simulcast backhaul get delayed, or?

Status
Not open for further replies.