clear fips code on pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffn8wb

I searched the manual, but didn't find anything. Is there any way to clear the FIPS codes that are programmed into the pro-96? Also, will the scanner decode the 1050 hz tone from the NWS if there are no fips codes programmed? Or will it only decode this alert tone in the weather priority mode? The manual says that it will decode the tone with the wx channel programmed as the priority channel, but I am wanting to be able to put the scanner into standby and still rx alerts.

Thanks for the help

rpowley

Jeffn8wb said:
I searched the manual, but didn't find anything. Is there any way to clear the FIPS codes that are programmed into the pro-96? Also, will the scanner decode the 1050 hz tone from the NWS if there are no fips codes programmed? Or will it only decode this alert tone in the weather priority mode? The manual says that it will decode the tone with the wx channel programmed as the priority channel, but I am wanting to be able to put the scanner into standby and still rx alerts.

Thanks for the help
You can lock out any existing FIPS manually or you can go in and change existing codes to 00000 (I've only tryed that once) - If you have WIN96 you can clear them out very easy. To catch the 1050 Hz tone you should have WX as priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.