Clearwater, FL P25 Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I live in Dunedin fl north of Clearwater the current active control channel is 855;96250 hope this helps!
Tim :cool:
That explains why he wasn't receiving the system - the RRDB wasn't showing that as a cch earlier, and that is what he based his programming on.

mitbr

You MUST load all these frequencies into your scanner because the control channel changes frequently. I have had these freqs in my scanners and Unication pager ever since they switched to P25 and it has always worked FYI. This system is not very busy and all tac channels are encrypted only dispatch is in the clear. If you have any further questions let me know!!

1 854.96250
2 855.71250
3 855.48750
4 855.96250
5 856.43750
6 857.43750
7 857.98750
8 858.18750
9 858.43750
10 858.98750
11 859.43750
Tim :cool:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Adding the system manually doesnt work?
Edit favorites list -> click top "branch" -> green "+" > dropdown menu, click P25 X2 TDMA -> create site, department, check "ID search" ON
P25 X2 TDMA was an interim protocol and is now deprecated. He should use P25 Standard.

KD4DOB

Thank You mitbr (Dunedin) and all the help I got from the other RR Forum folks! So..... RR reference had the incorrect control frequencies as 854.9625 and 885.7125 which was the mainstay of my work so, when "mitbr" who lives in this area wrote and told me that the c freq was 885.9625 (only) that kind of made a huge difference. Some told me that I should add all of the frequencies and let the scan do the rest which I did do several times but, as someone else mentioned, there were/are VERY few frequencies that were active. As I now realize, when I had all of them entered, it would have taken a very long time with nothing happening and for a pretty much dead system, to zero in on the correct data. Many times I did let it scan with virtual control logging on for long periods of time but with no luck. One down side is that after all of this, I find that it is a dud of a system and probably not worth all of the trouble.... But I did learn a lot. The other down side is to find that those who should have been the main go-to sources were of no help. Note the response from RR below as only one an example of several .
Great group of helpful enthusiasts here though!!!!

Radio Reference.png

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you got it working, I think? Anyway, including all system frequencies in your control channel programming should not slow down scanning *if* you configure the radio properly. As explained earlier, Harris P25 systems can use any of its system channels (frequencies) as a control channel. If for some reason a control channel goes down, the system will "roll" to another. This is an important concept to understand. If properly provisioned with a list of system frequencies (possible control channels,) the radio will determine which one is the active cch, and use it. If the cch goes down, the radio finds the new cch by checking the other channels entered in the programming. If a user enters only the current control channel in their programming, they run the risk of losing the system when the cch changes.

Last edited:

KD4DOB

Yes, got it. Now that I know it is accessible - even though rarely- I will enter the other frequencies for roll over possibilities. Since “all of them” never worked (see above) , i presumed there was a major problem... which there was. Actually the way I found it was to load up all talk groups (once I got the correct ccs) but eliminated all the other “ccs“ so the encrypted channels made their racket telling me there was life after all. The encrypted channels demonstrated actual activity. Thanks for your help and patience.

mitbr

Yes, got it. Now that I know it is accessible - even though rarely- I will enter the other frequencies for roll over possibilities. Since “all of them” never worked (see above) , i presumed there was a major problem... which there was. Actually the way I found it was to load up all talk groups (once I got the correct ccs) but eliminated all the other “ccs“ so the encrypted channels made their racket telling me there was life after all. The encrypted channels demonstrated actual activity. Thanks for your help and patience.
Glad you got it working. CPD does have some interesting things to hear just not as busy as some of the local systems in the area.
When listening to CPD rarely do they go to a tac channel during a major incident.When there is a major incident you will hear a repeated beep which will let you know something big is going on. FYI sure its just a typo but the control freq is 855.96250 not 885
Have fun!!
Tim:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.