Clearwater, FL P25 Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4DOB

I have a Uniden BCD325 P2 and can't received police in Clearwater which which uses the P25 Phase II. I have downloaded the latest from our database several times but nothing works. I see that, after downloading, the software indicates that I have loaded P25 "Standard". Does RR not have the Phase II? Or is there a difference? Any help would be appreciated.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you read the notes on the system...include a wildcard/search, also some TGs are encrypted so you won't hear those.

Screenshot 2020-04-16 17.46.19 (2).png

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As far as programming your 325P2 goes, both P25 Phase I and Phase II are programmed the same way.

On the scanner itself, if creating through the keypad manually, you would use P25.
In FreeSCAN, as Doc has already posted, use P25 Standard (Digital XT).
For ProScan, P25 Standard.
I don't have ARC-XT, but I would guess it also uses P25 Standard.

KD4DOB

You want View attachment 83344

Are you receiving the control channels?

Thanks so much for your help.
I am using the ARC PRO. programming software.
Here are my only choices on RR: It does state in the menu that the choice is.... “Clearwater/ Project 25/ Phase III, but the drop down menu includes only the following choices!
P25 Standard
Motorola
EDACS Narrow
Edacs Scat
LTR
P25 One frequency Trunk
Mototrbo
DMR
Conventional

KD4DOB

Thank You all for your help! I have tried about 25 times to download the new System and have usually used the P25 standard format. This is the first time downloading the info from RR hasn't worked. My latest trials ..... same thing. I download everything that is available on RR for this system and .... same thing. I'll look in to the suggestions here again tomorrow. SInce I live in Clearwater, it would be nice to have the right system!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you read the notes on the system...include a wildcard/search, also some TGs are encrypted so you won't hear those.

View attachment 83345

As noted, some talk groups are Phase II encrypted, while others are Phase I. I read it says something about the use of I-calls and to put the scanner in ID Search. If you prefer only monitoring certain talk groups but don't want to miss the private calls, use ID Scan and program a talk group ID of i0 (Small eye, and zero). This is the default talk group for private calls.

KD4DOB

Over the past 30 years, I have successfully programmed countless systems on several scanners using the ARC XT Pro (and other) programs..I now have the BCD 325P2 and again have programmed many channels.... The only one that I can't figure out is ... Clearwater, FL, P25 Phase II. I have spent months on this issue.. I have written Butel, two Scanner companies, posted on Radio Reference, and written RR for assistance.. Still no sucesss! It would be great to find someone who has actually made this happen.and would even be better if a Clearwater resident.
Obviously, I don't need to send my scanner to be programmed but would gladly pay someone for their time and expertise to help.
I have updated ARC software.
Tnx!

The only one that I can't figure out is ... Clearwater, FL, P25 Phase II.

Assuming this is your system, you should be able to just program in the frequencies then run the scanner in "ID Search" to make sure you are receiving the system. (Strong Signal)

You can go back later and program the Talk Groups.

Just an idea for you.

Note that the LARGE TE in the mode column = Encrypted

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
When programming a "Project 25 Phase II" system in ARC-XT, Select P25 Standard:

For Trunk System Parameters, you may want to set to ID Search Mode unless you want to only scan specific talkgroups and have them programmed in groups.

Click the Site button to add a site to the system. You must have at least one site:

Within the site, program the control channel frequencies in the Trunk Frequencies tab:

Since you are a Premium RR subscriber, you can also import from RR:

If you want to do the import, it would be best to watch the latest Scanner Guys show to learn how:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
This is a Harris system that seems to make extensive use of a TG pool for various reasons. As others have mentioned, make sure the radio is set to ID Search mode, and explicitly lock out any TGs you don't want to hear. P25 Standard is the System Type that you need to use. The RRDB has a number of entries in the 65xxx range, noting they are "patches." These are (some of) the dynamic TGs, meaning their purpose and TGID changes every time a call or patch is setup. Do not program these - waste of time. Just use ID Search mode as mentioned, and the radio will find them when in use.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
This is a Harris system that seems to make extensive use of a TG pool for various reasons. As others have mentioned, make sure the radio is set to ID Search mode, and explicitly lock out any TGs you don't want to hear. P25 Standard is the System Type that you need to use. The RRDB has a number of entries in the 65xxx range, noting they are "patches." These are (some of) the dynamic TGs, meaning their purpose and TGID changes every time a call or patch is setup. Do not program these - waste of time. Just use ID Search mode as mentioned, and the radio will find them when in use.

Is i0 the default talk group ID for private calls in a Harris P25 system? If op only wants to listen to a select amount of talk groups and if i0 can be set as Private Calls or something, he can use ID Scan then? I'm not familiar with Harris Systems, so just asking?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Is i0 the default talk group ID for private calls in a Harris P25 system? If op only wants to listen to a select amount of talk groups and if i0 can be set as Private Calls or something, he can use ID Scan then? I'm not familiar with Harris Systems, so just asking?
Good question - I don't know how this scanner handles private calls, and I don't get to see Harris P25 systems very often.

KD4DOB

Thanks.
Tried it,,,, no difference.
It's been two years working on this and hundreds of downloads. It has to be a problem with the software or RR. No one will check it out. Frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.