Cleer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1clo1

I have been going thru all the frequencies for the denver meto area to so what i can still listen to on my pro-528 (dont laugh lol) I keep seeing the Colorado Law Enforcement Emergency radio (CLEER) i was wondering if some one knew what this channel was used for/ who uses it and should i program it in my scanner?

Thanks

WA1ATA

Interagency mutual aid. This type of channel is usually quiet until some large, multiple jurisdiction event takes place.

In other words, not a lot of day-to-day traffic but definitely worth listening to when something big is happening.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I would program it in. As the last poster mentioned, while not terribly busy, you will hear traffic from dispatch center to dispatch center.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
State patrol also has it's version: "Statewide". Very quiet but its used when a trooper is out of his district and wants to reach his home base; also for BOLO's and for local police and sheriff to communicate to another part of the state.
NLEEC is a national version of CLEER. And, FERN1 is used for ground to air fire ops as well as some interoperability between any fire radio for any agency.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Also, HEAR and Green1 are used for hospitals to talk to each other, and for CERT exercises.

I have heard much more traffic on MetroNet for interagency talk ( Denver this is Jeffco, can you send a car to ####) than CLEER.

1clo1

Thanks guys for all the info ill go ahead and program it in to my scanner. Now does any one know how to properly program the tg on the pro 528? i programmed all the freqs na hit search it picks up a few tg , do i just leave it like that or do i program each tg i want to monitor?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys for all the info ill go ahead and program it in to my scanner. Now does any one know how to properly program the tg on the pro 528? i programmed all the freqs na hit search it picks up a few tg , do i just leave it like that or do i program each tg i want to monitor?

What department(s)and/or TG's are you trying to program and that scanner is very limited on what it will receive in the metro area and or no DTRS for that matter statewide as well.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Pro-528

Jim<

nathancarlson

I have a bank (or scan list I guess is the proper terminology for the pro-106) dedicated to mutual aid channels. This has proven useful to me since I don't always want to be monitoring those channels but have easy access when I do need them. With 1000 channels, this should give you the space you need. Believe it or not, these older scanners are still very useful and even though it can't trunk the digital Public Safety systems, it has a wide receive range and you will be able to get everything from railroad, aircraft, ham, and conventional public safety systems like Boulder County. I am sure not going to throw out any of my old scanners!

rfburns

Some agency with a gate to DTRS appears to be running their CLEER receiver in carrier squelch. For about 3-4 weeks now the radio has been unsquelching on a regular basis including this morning. You might want to lockout the TG until someone tightens the squelch or turn rcv CTCSS on. Look in the database for an EDACS TG for CLEER. The 528 is not digital capable is it?

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
The 528 is not digital capable is it?

Nobody is running it in digital mode on EDACS. With Lakewood going toward P25, I would suspect that they would have a CLEER talk group on their P25 system once the PD goes live.

rfburns

What I meant was that if he has an analog only scanner he cannot expect to hear the CLEER TG on a digital trunked system and would have to listen to it on an EDACS TG. Such as:
Denver TG 120
Aurora TG 1928
Arvada/Westy TG 322
Lakewood TG 385
I've never heard CLEER on the DIA system. If someone has a DIA TG for CLEER, I'd like to know what it is.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Yes, and I don't think that anyone on DTRS is patching CLEER to a talk group full time. EDACS systems and 460.425 conventional are the best ways to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.