Cleveland Airshow Viewing Areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I plan on attending the Cleveland Airshow again this year. I'm thinking of going a day early, on Friday, to watch the aircraft arrive and the Blue Angels practice. Can anyone recommend a good hotel to stay in close to the field, and also a good safe place (family-friendly) to watch them arrive on Friday?

budevans

I plan on attending the Cleveland Airshow again this year. I'm thinking of going a day early, on Friday, to watch the aircraft arrive and the Blue Angels practice. Can anyone recommend a good hotel to stay in close to the field, and also a good safe place (family-friendly) to watch them arrive on Friday?

For Friday, I'd recommend the East 9th Street Pier. Here's a link to Google Maps of that area.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...2!3m1!1s0x8830f09cabb9b12f:0x76cb9a3580746f99

Here's are some of the other sites with in easy walking distance from E. 9th Street Pier. Voinovich Park, Rock Hall of Fame, the Great Lakes Science Center, USS Cod Submarine Memorial, Good Time III and the list goes on.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. Can you just drive down to the pier and into Voinovich Park? Is there sufficient parking on that Friday? What is in that park?

budevans

Thanks for the info. Can you just drive down to the pier and into Voinovich Park? Is there sufficient parking on that Friday? What is in that park?

There is some parking at Voinovich Park, not a lot. I believe the next best option would be the Marjorie Rosenbaum Plaza (it sits right on the south west corner of Burke Lake Front). It's open to the public and has a decent size parking lot. In fact you might just stay at the Plaza. Here's a link, with a satellite photo of the area.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...ich+park+parking!3m1!1s0x0:0xc37d6cae0528fdd9

If you are heading north on 9th street, go over Rte 2 (highway) and you come to North Marginal Drive on your right. Go right on N. Marginal. Marjorie Rosenbaum Plaza is just a few hundred feet up the road on your left. Check out the satellite view, you can resize it and scroll around.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
all great suggestions but here is another one. not sure where your coming from but from the Shoreway
(I90) get off at the MLK exit #177 head north towards the lake. That turns into Lakeshore Blvd. Take that about 1/2 mile and you will run into Lakefront State Park on the left. I live a mile East of there and see and hear on my scanner the Angels every year. They scare the heck out of my dog every year but that's her problem :)
Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.