Cleveland County – Any Helpful Hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick1205

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,

I recently programmed a BCD996XT for my mother so that she can listen to the Fire/EMS/LE/NCSHP traffic in Cleveland County. Everything seems to be working ok now that I have an 800MHz antenna except for the NCSHP VIPER group. I only have the Kings Mountain tower programmed in but the channel is hanging with a squelch type noise so much that I have to lockout the group. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?

Also, does anyone have any helpful ideas or tips for monitoring Cleveland County? I used the RR Cleveland Co. digital trunking database to program and it appears to be picking up everything. However, I am novice when it comes to scanner and I am curious to know if anyone else monitors Cleveland Co. and has some tips/trick or advice.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT]

kd8x

Hello Everyone,

I recently programmed a BCD996XT for my mother so that she can listen to the Fire/EMS/LE/NCSHP traffic in Cleveland County. Everything seems to be working ok now that I have an 800MHz antenna except for the NCSHP VIPER group. I only have the Kings Mountain tower programmed in but the channel is hanging with a squelch type noise so much that I have to lockout the group. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?

Also, does anyone have any helpful ideas or tips for monitoring Cleveland County? I used the RR Cleveland Co. digital trunking database to program and it appears to be picking up everything. However, I am novice when it comes to scanner and I am curious to know if anyone else monitors Cleveland Co. and has some tips/trick or advice.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT]

For SHP program in the Shelby site.....
As far as Cleveland Co P25 system is concerned I copy it good with my P25 level set to 50 and the Mode set to 8....Make sure you have the latest software version loaded into your 996xt....version 1.07.03

rick1205

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply kd8x.

When you say "As far as Cleveland Co P25 system is concerned I copy it good with my P25 level set to 50 and the Mode set to 8...", is that something I can set using the FreeScan Software or do I have to do it manually on the scanner.

kd8x

Thank you for the reply kd8x.

When you say "As far as Cleveland Co P25 system is concerned I copy it good with my P25 level set to 50 and the Mode set to 8...", is that something I can set using the FreeScan Software or do I have to do it manually on the scanner.

That has to be set manually on the scanner...
it cannot be set by software..

Status
Not open for further replies.