Cleveland Division of Fire and Cleveland EMS to merge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerdaddy

cleveland fire and ems

who cares what they do. it will put people out of work. and you can't monitor them anyway. anyone get a whiff of that odor coming from quicken loans arena? better call 9-1-1. the cavs are all but dead.

jland138

Brings back memories of Mayor Ralph Perk. I remember the original EMS rigs having "Ralph Perk, Mayor" painted on the side. Who couldn't love a guy who set his hair on fire at a public ceremony and gave up dinner at the White House (with Nixon) because it was on his wife's bowling night?

steveng

Premium Subscriber
who cares what they do. it will put people out of work. and you can't monitor them anyway. anyone get a whiff of that odor coming from quicken loans arena? better call 9-1-1. the cavs are all but dead.

You can monitor them on the live audio feed section on this web site. I dont know who is hosting the feed but i woulnt want to be in there shoes if the City finds out.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
It isn't illegal to monitor Cleveland. It's just not possible with the current scanner technology.

Cleveland.com hosts (or hosted) a live feed of Cleveland PD, FD, and EMS.

I remember hearing years ago that Cleveland would program a radio (listen only) for a price. IIRC, it was a pretty hefty price.

steveng

Premium Subscriber
It isn't illegal to monitor Cleveland. It's just not possible with the current scanner technology.

Cleveland.com hosts (or hosted) a live feed of Cleveland PD, FD, and EMS.

I remember hearing years ago that Cleveland would program a radio (listen only) for a price. IIRC, it was a pretty hefty price.

It is illegal to monitor the City of Cleveland if someone has an illegally programmed radio to monitor there system. ie not taking the radio to them to be programmed. When they program a radio for someone they have a specific "template" they program into the radio which only includes the dispatch channels for Fire, EMS and Police. If you have more than that (tac channels, Etc) it is an illegally programmed radio.

There are radios on Ebay right now selling for $100.00 which you can use to monitor Cleveland. I know many people who have purchased these radios, taken them to the system manager with a check for $150.00 and all the signed release forms and had them programmed. Why risk getting in trouble just to have extra channels.

Last edited:
It is illegal to monitor the City of Cleveland if someone has an illegally programmed radio to monitor there system. ie not taking the radio to them to be programmed. When they program a radio for someone they have a specific "template" they program into the radio which only includes the dispatch channels for Fire, EMS and Police. If you have more than that (tac channels, Etc) it is an illegally programmed radio.

There are radios on Ebay right now selling for $100.00 which you can use to monitor Cleveland. I know many people who have purchased these radios, taken them to the system manager with a check for $150.00 and all the signed release forms and had them programmed. Why risk getting in trouble just to have extra channels.

Ok if it's really that easy please show some ebay listings. Then if you could please send me a private message of the individual to directly contact to get this taken care of. We love heading north for 3 day weekends this would be a really great addition to things we can see and hear.

steveng

Premium Subscriber
Ok if it's really that easy please show some ebay listings. Then if you could please send me a private message of the individual to directly contact to get this taken care of. We love heading north for 3 day weekends this would be a really great addition to things we can see and hear.

Ebay Item # 330432788301

Also Ebay item # 120568980439 and 120568974041. Dont worry if it says "non working,displays keyfail error when powered up. Thats an easy fix.

owenbricker

A tech and i some years back tried out the system from down mansfield way, came in ok off his 120ft tower with a 800 yagi, tried out all talk groups. Cleveland tech at the time said as long as transmissions are in the clear. all talk groups are legal to monitor. With transmitter inhibited.

steveng

Premium Subscriber
A tech and i some years back tried out the system from down mansfield way, came in ok off his 120ft tower with a 800 yagi, tried out all talk groups. Cleveland tech at the time said as long as transmissions are in the clear. all talk groups are legal to monitor. With transmitter inhibited.

You recieved wrong information. Also if you claim you tried out all talkgroups then you had an illegally programmed radio. You must have been sitting on top of the tower, becuase i would think a 120ft coax run would not make it as far as recieving an 800Mhz signal in Mansfield from Cleveland. Very doubtful.

Last edited by a moderator:

owenbricker

cleveland vselp system

1 1/4'' heliax works wonders! As far as legality issues, the fcc would advise users of public safety systems to use encryption on sensitive issues at their choice. Provoice,vselp and others can be monitored by anyone. CPD 5456 has encryption. Good luck and happy monitoring!

steveng

Premium Subscriber
1 1/4'' heliax works wonders! As far as legality issues, the fcc would advise users of public safety systems to use encryption on sensitive issues at their choice. Provoice,vselp and others can be monitored by anyone. CPD 5456 has encryption. Good luck and happy monitoring!

LOL, whatever

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.