Cleveland Metro Park Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swipesy

Does anyone know if something has changed with regards to the Cleveland Metro Parks Rangers PD dispatch TG 54638 & 54682 on the MARCS - IP System? Up until March of this year I would receive 500 hits a month. In April it dropped to 32 hits and now none for May 2014 so far. Anyone else experience this kind of drop off in reception. I only live 3 miles from a Metro Park System so I find it puzzling.

John

Swipesy

Here is an update on my issue with the Met Park Rangers.

As many of you will recall the Met Park Rangers were the first users here on the MARCS -IP system. Since inception I would receive 500+ hits a month through March 2014. In April 2014 my hits dropped to 32 and in May 2014 dropped to -0-.

This morning I hooked up my PSR 800 to my ST2 antenna 40 ft up and loaded only the Met Park Rangers Talkgroups with Cuyahoga, Lake and Geauga Control channels. With that I am getting an ocassional weak hit on TG 54638 Dispatch off the Chagrin Tower. I also hooked up my PSR 500 with just the Met Park TG's and Cuyahoga, Lake and Geauga Control channels and hooked it up to my YAGI antenna pointed at the Chagrin tower. Not one single hit.

I use my PSR 500 as my base radio and under normal MARCS-IP listening I hear Lakewood, Westshore, etc clear. So I am going to make an assumption here that 2 things have happened. (1) Met Park Rangers no longer simulcast on Lake and Geauga Towers (2) Met Park Rangers have cut their power (if that is possible). I have no clue what else the issue could be for loss of reception just for Met Park Rangers.

John

budevans

Metro Parks Rangers Cuyahoga County

I saw Swipesy's 11:09 am message and decided to monitor the Metro Parks traffic on the Cuyahoga MARCS-IP 700 Mhz site. It was consistently active while I monitored from 11:30 am to 4:00 pm.

As Swipesy mentioned it is possible that the MARCS techs did some programming to keep the Metro Park Rangers traffic primarily on the Cuyahoga site.

FYI: Early in the Lake County MARCS-IP testing in areas of Kirkland it was found that the radio's would lose signal for the Lake County site and affiliate with the Cuyahoga site. But they would fail to return to the Lake County site, even when there was sufficient signal strength from the Lake County site. The MARCS techs did some programming to force the Lake County radio's to return to the Lake County site if sufficient signal strength was detected.

It's not far fetched to assume that the same thing was done with respect to the Metro Parks Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.