Cleveland National Forest (CNF) - Air Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the info, Smokey. At least we know it's not a typo. I would be interested to find out the scoop on why this frequency was chosen and if it is still valid or if an internal memo went out changing it or what?
Thanks again.

Mark

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

All my contacts in the USFS and electronic techs that worked with the feds have all retired. I doubt I will hear why the frequency was chosen. I will keep a good eye out for a change and fully expect there will be one.

Bill, on my last message: I could not find a "tongue in cheek" face to add at the end. Just promise me you won't pronounce it "Na VAAH da."

Markb

Premium Subscriber
CNF was going to begin to change their Forest Net repeater pair today. Funny thing is that this same frequency was supposed to be the new input. Needless to say, the change is on hold......

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

kma371

QRT
I just picked up one of the new Uniden Scanners the other day and am pretty happy with it overall, something I noticed when I added CNF to my favorites list is that there is a listing coming from the RRDB showing 2 "AIR TAC" freqs for the forest:

166.2500 - Primary
164.5000 - Secondary

Neither of these jive with the info I have and on top of that I am getting the IFB feed for 570 AM KLAC (confirmed through SoCalFedCom) on this supposed primary freq.

Anybody have some insight on this?

Thanks,
Mark

There was a 2014 list that came out recently. The frequencies in the DB reflect these changes.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I just picked up one of the new Uniden Scanners the other day and am pretty happy with it overall, something I noticed when I added CNF to my favorites list is that there is a listing coming from the RRDB showing 2 "AIR TAC" freqs for the forest:

166.2500 - Primary
164.5000 - Secondary

Neither of these jive with the info I have and on top of that I am getting the IFB feed for 570 AM KLAC (confirmed through SoCalFedCom) on this supposed primary freq.

Anybody have some insight on this?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark:

Well 166.25 is confirmed at like you said 570 AM. Its not KLAC anymore. Its FOX Sports LA. Carries The Los Angeles Dodgers radio broadcast.

Since The new Los Angeles Dodger network is not showing on COX TV nor Directv I have to listen on the scanner now.

SCPD

QRT
From Exsmokey's Nephew:

My uncle's memory is doing OK on this topic. He remembered this thread when a SOCAL friend phoned 2 days ago. The FM air tactics frequencies assigned to the Cleveland NF are 164.500, air tactics 34 and 166.9875 air tactics 52.

SCPD

QRT
There was a 2014 list that came out recently. The frequencies in the DB reflect these changes.

My uncle just said to post the new channels and didn't remember the answer was already given. I shoulda read the thread 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.