Cleveland PD/Fire/EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

subclavius

You can listen to the police and some EMS if you go digital. I've got a Uniden 396 and a Realistic PRO-2096 and I get all kinds of PD and some EMS departments, especially the Rapid Transit police and helicopter life flights going in and out of University Circle. I don't get any ground level EMS comms or local fire departments but sometimes a distant one will pop up on a MARCS talkgroup.

Even if you're not in possession of a digital receiver try searching the repeater frequencies and you'll usually find some public safety voice transmissions there.

gd9704

You can listen to the police and some EMS if you go digital. I've got a Uniden 396 and a Realistic PRO-2096 and I get all kinds of PD and some EMS departments, especially the Rapid Transit police and helicopter life flights going in and out of University Circle. I don't get any ground level EMS comms or local fire departments but sometimes a distant one will pop up on a MARCS talkgroup.

Even if you're not in possession of a digital receiver try searching the repeater frequencies and you'll usually find some public safety voice transmissions there.

The initial post was about listening to CLEVELAND PD and FIRE and EMS.

From http://www.neohioscan.com/county/cle.htm

City of Cleveland

Citywide 800MHz Motorola ASTROâ Trunked System

This system was purchased and all departments cut over to it by 1997, it is owned by the Cleveland Water Department and has numerous transmitter/receiver sites throughout all of Cuyahoga County. All communications operate in the digital ASTRO mode that renders reception pretty useless until an ASTRO compatible scanner is available. However, cleveland.com has made a link to the system available, so via the internet you are able to listen to the Cleveland Police and Cleveland Fire departments' main operational talkgroups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.