Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
I go to Cleveland with work every few weeks. I downloaded the information using arc396pro. The first time I went after the first download, I was only recieving data sounds. I reprogrammed the scanner off of the site, which changed the system from a type 1 to a type 2. I was back there today and still no audio, just the same data sounds. Im assuming I am not doing something right, has anyone used the data and it worked? Has anyone had the same problem? Thanks for any help in advance.

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
Ok, that explains it then. Why or how can it not be monitored? I have listened to the feed online, how would you do it? By the way, im not doubting your answer, just wondering.

mmartinfan

Banned
VSELP is the old style digital radio system. No scanner will or ever read and decode it. The feed you here is one of the news/newspaper feeds they have an real CPD/CFD radio set up to get it. FPO703 will be able to explain it better since he lives up there, and I am down I-71 in Columbus. Its planned to be changed out to a real APCO-25 system in the next 5-10 years whenever Cleveland gets the $$$ together to replace it. + Motorola is no longer supporting that type of system so they are kinda on their own if it breaks.

FPO703

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are forced to replace/upgrade the system soon.

That way, when the conditions are right, I'll be able to monitor them from Ashtabula. :)

The past few evenings, I've been able to pick up frequencies from the Cleveland System. But, since it's VSELP, I'm unable to monitor it. :(

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
I have been listening online at home now just to see what I missed. I didnt realize that Cleve was that busy. It sounds like to me, 5-10 years with a system that wasnt a good idea to begin with is alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.