Clinton County Unitrunker Scanning Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbira1

Premium Subscriber
I'm not so sure if this is for the software radio section or for here so I apologize if I didn't post it in the right spot.

Recently got into the world of scanning with RTL-SDR's after looking at commercial scanners and the price that they want for them. From the searching on the Michigan forums here I plugged the Owosso MSPCS frequency into Unitrunker + DSDplus and it is working well. Looking through the talkgroup list for Clinton County it seems that only the county sheriff and airport are patched though. I then went to try the Clinton County Public Safety frequencies in Unitrunker Clinton County Public Safety and they are all weirdly listed as control channels. Unitrunker recognizes that something is going on when I try 853.83750 but it just says EDACS96 2 Limbo for the name next to the signal bar. It shows the entered frequency as LCN 7 with LCN 1,4,5, and 6 showing up but without a frequency listed. A few calls and joins have rolled through but now my DSD+ source audio is flat for some reason.

With all that if anyone has any experience or tips to set me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

hockeyref2

Im no expert on EDACS systems, but I think you need to program the frequency for each LCN into unitrunker. For example, LCN 1,4,5,6 are showing no frequency so you have to go into the channels tab and add it.... On APCO25 systems like the MPSCS, the control channel broadcasts LCN and frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.