P25andstuff

In other words you can get CLMRN outside but not inside your house? Interference with something inside maybe? Seems kind of odd.
I can't get it anywhere outside or in the proximity of my house, CSP has been called to the area of my house and I was able to hear there radios talking. I have no idea.

leadjammer

I can't get it anywhere outside or in the proximity of my house, CSP has been called to the area of my house and I was able to hear there radios talking. I have no idea.
If it works fine everywhere but in and around your house, something is obviously blocking or interfering with the signal. Do you live in a low lying area or near a tall building? Wish I could be more help but a few other folks have been having reception problems with Phase II. I'm actually getting better reception on my HP 436 here in Hamden but my HP 1 is no longer functional with CSP because it doesn't pick up Phase II.

P25andstuff

No i'm actually on a hill and there is a lot of trees etc. But there are taller mountains around me but they have towers on them. Its really weird I get CLMRN perfect in Torrington, and Harwinton.

P25andstuff

If it works fine everywhere but in and around your house, something is obviously blocking or interfering with the signal. Do you live in a low lying area or near a tall building? Wish I could be more help but a few other folks have been having reception problems with Phase II. I'm actually getting better reception on my HP 436 here in Hamden but my HP 1 is no longer functional with CSP because it doesn't pick up Phase II.
What I mean by, "I was able to hear their radios talking." Was the troopers actual radios on their belt. I was across the street and had troop B on and hearing nothing. Is it because the troopers radios are on the actual network?

leadjammer

What I mean by, "I was able to hear their radios talking." Was the troopers actual radios on their belt. I was across the street and had troop B on and hearing nothing. Is it because the troopers radios are on the actual network?
I wish I had the answer. I know the mountains could be part of the problem and those towers might not be CSP towers. I know I can't pick up Wallingford PD in Hamden because of Sleeping Giant so you might just be in a bad location. One thing for sure, its not the scanner if it works fine in another town.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Tough getting to a tower from there. I think the resident troopers had a radio put in the office with an outside antenna because the portable were not reliable in the Town Hall. There is a CLMRN Troop B site on Talcott Mtn and one in Winchester. Eventually there may be another in East Hartland.

chris

hotbob62

I add and delete frequencies with my HP 1 all the time. You have to do it with Sentinel on your laptop or desktop and then send the info to the scanner.
I am doing this with sentinel, but it will not let me add or delete frequencies. I tried this serval times to no avail. If you know how to add and delete frequencies, let me know. I have HP-2.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I just went on Bing and asked how do I start a new favorites list on an HP 2. I came up with 7 threads from radio reference that specifically tells you how to do it either on Sentinel or manually. Try doing that.

This is off topic for this thread, try going to the Uniden tech support forum. People will help you there.

nekopie03

well i've tried everything i know to get my sds100 and hp2 to pick up the ct. state police. Has the state police changed to something we cant pick up?

coolrich55

Hearing 5221 active this morning. It must be 46.18. Listed as Middlesex county in the DB. First time I've heard it active. It's coming over the E and K sites. What is it's purpose at this time? Are volunteer FD’s planning on switching to the system?

coolrich55

I also have a Pro 668. It's all about location for me. I live well into troop E territory. I'm using the stock antenna. It took awhile but after moving the scanner to different locations throughout my house I finally found the only one particular spot where I can pick up the system. And it's only the K site that I can get at full power. This system is a pain in the butt to monitor at best.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
well i've tried everything i know to get my sds100 and hp2 to pick up the ct. state police. Has the state police changed to something we cant pick up?
Some of us are experiencing issues since they switched over to phase 2. That's what we've been discussing for the last couple of pages of this thread.

coolrich55

I listen to everything. Got the wildcard programmed. Actually just heard something new not in the DB yet. 16101. Valley shore. Heard the dispatcher and whatever unit they were speaking with. Anyway what I mean about phase 2 is, I'm receiving everything as well on the K site as I have all along.