tmeyer101

Premium Subscriber
Using ID Search on CLMRN FL, I see a hit on a new TGID "i1991013". Channel Description is "i1991013 (SRC) i1999001 (DST). I've looked at the unknown TGID page in the Wiki, and reviewed the latest database. Stumped by this. Any thoughts from the resident gurus? Thanks

PhillyPhoto

Using ID Search on CLMRN FL, I see a hit on a new TGID "i1991013". Channel Description is "i1991013 (SRC) i1999001 (DST). I've looked at the unknown TGID page in the Wiki, and reviewed the latest database. Stumped by this. Any thoughts from the resident gurus? Thanks
The "i" designates individual call or radio to radio. Basically, you call "call" another radio directly and have a conversation without tying up a talkgroup. SRC is the source radio and DST is the destination. If you look at the Radio ID ranges in the wiki, 199**** is unknown use.

On Uniden scanners, the "i" precedes all UID's , even when not a Private Call.

The SRC and DST indicates a Private call

AUID.jpg

I've never logged any "199" uid's

cg

Premium Subscriber
I believe that range is the Middlesex Hospital medic program. I see similar IDs on TGID 9001

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you see the 1677xxxx IDs, that is a transmission from another system. If, for example, a Middletown PD unit goes to Hartford, they can roam on the CT SW system and keep in touch with their own dispatcher. However, their radio ID will show up as 1677xxxx IDs. The talkgroups will show up as 65336-65534.
180xxxx is almost all CSP but with a few other agency radios mixed in.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Litchfield County Dispatch briefly heard for the first time. Patch only, no active 700/800 users, one Region 5 radio affiliated (195xxxx). Heard only one call on 8702 but guessing it is Command 3
TG 8701 LCD Dispatch 1
TG 8702 LCD Command 3

Activity only on Troop B & L Cells. Ended after a short while, guessing no one is affiliated any longer.

chris

licpl8man

Premium Subscriber
Litchfield County Dispatch briefly heard for the first time. Patch only, no active 700/800 users, one Region 5 radio affiliated (195xxxx). Heard only one call on 8702 but guessing it is Command 3
TG 8701 LCD Dispatch 1
TG 8702 LCD Command 3

Activity only on Troop B & L Cells. Ended after a short while, guessing no one is affiliated any longer.

chris
8701 is very active right now on Troop L Simulcast. Hearing a Falls Village Ambulance call. Kinda cool being able to hear both sides of the conversation for once 👍🏻

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
8701 is very active right now on Troop L Simulcast. Hearing a Falls Village Ambulance call. Kinda cool being able to hear both sides of the conversation for once 👍🏻
any field user on the 800 will come out through the VHF simulcast as well, which is pretty cool. I had a conversation with one of the region 5 fire guys the other day, he said him and someone from LCD were testing it, talked portable to portable from harwinton to kent

cg

Premium Subscriber
At some point, a radio gets installed in a watchroom or in an office and it is on 24/7. That radio stays affiliated with the dispatch and since it is never off, it remains affiliated and the group is always on. Eventually, there are enough radios out there and it stays on all the time. I believe a group can be set up on a system to work regardless of affiliations and would then not require affiliations to work.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
At some point, a radio gets installed in a watchroom or in an office and it is on 24/7. That radio stays affiliated with the dispatch and since it is never off, it remains affiliated and the group is always on. Eventually, there are enough radios out there and it stays on all the time. I believe a group can be set up on a system to work regardless of affiliations and would then not require affiliations to work.
It should be set up as of now to broadcast regardless of affiliation

Reconrider

Has Troop L stopping simulcasting to all towers? Haven't heard them outside of litchfield county for a hot minute.

WHen I'm at my buddies in the northwest, i always get troop L on my sds but now nothing lately.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Has Troop L stopping simulcasting to all towers? Haven't heard them outside of litchfield county for a hot minute.

WHen I'm at my buddies in the northwest, i always get troop L on my sds but now nothing lately.
I just heard them on Troop A Simulcast site several times if that helps. I don't hear the Troop L Simulcast site very well because I don't have a Yagi pointing that way. But I hear Troop L talkgroup on the A Simulcast site all the time.

Last edited:

Reconrider

I just heard them on Troop A Simulcast site several times if that helps. I don't hear the Troop L Simulcast site very well because I don't have a Yagi pointing that way. But I hear Troop L talkgroup on the A Simulcast site all the time.
It's weird. I was in hartford county and heard them a few times. I worked in new haven county most of the day and didn't hear them a single time.
I used to be able to hear them all the time from my house, but it's changed now. Unitrunker doesn't pick them up either. I don't think sdrtrunk did when I had it going for a few earlier. Wonder if after they started the LCD dispatch on the trunk if they changed it