zuzuski

Listening to them on channel 50 over the last few days. Sounds like a lot of work - some strange badge numbers also I'm hearing - not the normal trooper badges or constables.... Any idea's ??
And they go back and forth so fast!

Listening to them on channel 50 over the last few days. Sounds like a lot of work - some strange badge numbers also I'm hearing - not the normal trooper badges or constables.... Any idea's ??

Some DEEP, DMV, Comstable, States Attorney, SWAT, and Resident Troopers - besides the "normal" CSP units.

What unit numbers were you hearing that you didn't know?

zuzuski

Today sounded like alot of new cars maybe? CH49 was active with lock and unlock calls ... All happened at once! Still on the old radio system.

Today sounded like alot of new cars maybe? CH49 was active with lock and unlock calls ... All happened at once! Still on the old radio system.

They have been swapping out mobile and handheld radios one for one for a few weeks.

The work is ongoing almost every weekday..

Same unit numbers as usual.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Often times Saturday morning is new car day on SWComm1. You will usually first hear them call in to have the NCC lock the radio in the old car. They then call to unlock the new radio giving the plate and badge.

chris

zuzuski

Often times Saturday morning is new car day on SWComm1. You will usually first hear them call in to have the NCC lock the radio in the old car. They then call to unlock the new radio giving the plate and badge.

chris
Cool! Thank you !

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
They have been swapping out mobile and handheld radios one for one for a few weeks.

The work is ongoing almost every weekday..

Same unit numbers as usual.

So does this mean that I have to update my scanners or do they keep the same frequencies ?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Motorola has a neat product that lets you take the show on the road so to speak. They make a laptop that functions as a mobile dispatch console. Given access to the internet, they can run a dispatch operation from anywhere. NCC staff have used these at the location of radio programming. NCC is managed by CTS but I believe they are contract employees from Adesta, G4S.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
If I recall, back when the system first started, they had two buses that were to be used for that function. I don't think they stayed around very long. They then had the two CTS trucks (big truck and little truck) used for that which I believe they still have. You would see one parked at Rentschler field for game days. It has the large sat dish on the roof. I had to go to the Rocky Hill VA for something and saw one there as well. Different animals than the DEMHS ERVs.
Wrong pic for the story but...
CT State Police Set DUI Checkpoints, Extra Patrols For Labor Day Weekend

chris

mkt853

If I recall, back when the system first started, they had two buses that were to be used for that function. I don't think they stayed around very long. They then had the two CTS trucks (big truck and little truck) used for that which I believe they still have. You would see one parked at Rentschler field for game days. It has the large sat dish on the roof. I had to go to the Rocky Hill VA for something and saw one there as well. Different animals than the DEMHS ERVs.
Wrong pic for the story but...
CT State Police Set DUI Checkpoints, Extra Patrols For Labor Day Weekend

chris
What's the satellite dish used for? TV?