WoodburyMan

I havent had a chance to check mine but when I went home for lunch I did not hear much of anything at all, except some Troop H or something on the old 800 system ...
Well I do that trick with the just the sites I want to hear ;) The L site control channel I heard is dead completely now.

For future reference for you, you'll want to use the Plymouth site for Woodbury for now. All my CSERN L traffic is coming from Plymouth, not coming from Wolcott although I can get CSERN A traffic from Wolcott very nice. Control Channel for CSERN Plymouth is 773.95625 and TG's is 501 for Troop L Dispatch and 503 for Troop L Car/Car. I get -100db to -105db on control signal but when voice goes I am getting -95db to -100db which comes in very clear. I may be able to improve this tonight by adjusting antenna position. I had it optimized for the 800mhz L control channel before. The SDS200 seems to chug through the control channels on P25 much better than the SmartZone II control channels as well.

WoodburyMan

Ahh poop left my laptop w/ Sentinel at home.

The full migration has happened from 800 to 700? Is that what the consensus is here?
Some sites for the old 800mhz Motorolla SmartZone II System seem to be down and there and traffic is greatly reduced. My Local "Troop L" site is down, but my local "Troop A/I" site is still active, but has little traffic on it mostly for other Troops. I say the CSERN switch is mostly complete at this point with a few stragglers.

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Some sites for the old 800mhz Motorolla SmartZone II System seem to be down and there and traffic is greatly reduced. My Local "Troop L" site is down, but my local "Troop A/I" site is still active, but has little traffic on it mostly for other Troops. I say the CSERN switch is mostly complete at this point with a few stragglers.

If I were to guess Troop A and Troop I have 700 P25 Simulcast cells. Troop L has no 700 P25 Simulcast cell, so they likely converted there existing 800 Simulcast cell to P25 on the new system using the same frequencies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I like to put out there I do not see no difference between both systems I don’t see P2 coming up but I would like to know what the big excitement is all about because I don’t see no difference it’s the same as it was yesterday

WoodburyMan

If I were to guess Troop A and Troop I have 700 P25 Simulcast cells. Troop L has no 700 P25 Simulcast cell, so they likely converted there existing 800 Simulcast cell to P25 on the new system using the same frequencies.
I'll set my SDS200 to scan the old 800mhz Troop L frequencies and see if we can find the 800mhz control channels...

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Well I am down by Middlebury at this point in time and I never received ANY CSERN at all from home. Up in Oxford I get A, H, I, and whatever else but not from home, regardless of antenna or position or whatever.

Hopefully after this changeover they re-allocate the resources and I will actually hear it

I have not been home yet today to look ...

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Well I do that trick with the just the sites I want to hear ;) The L site control channel I heard is dead completely now.

For future reference for you, you'll want to use the Plymouth site for Woodbury for now. All my CSERN L traffic is coming from Plymouth, not coming from Wolcott although I can get CSERN A traffic from Wolcott very nice. Control Channel for CSERN Plymouth is 773.95625 and TG's is 501 for Troop L Dispatch and 503 for Troop L Car/Car. I get -100db to -105db on control signal but when voice goes I am getting -95db to -100db which comes in very clear. I may be able to improve this tonight by adjusting antenna position. I had it optimized for the 800mhz L control channel before. The SDS200 seems to chug through the control channels on P25 much better than the SmartZone II control channels as well.
I don't have an SDS200, but could you send me your updated file you are using? I could always add A, H, I, and the others to it if you only have L on yours.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully not. That is scary. I can only really hear the state PD from here. If they're not listenable then that's going to be a major blow ...
You're lucky you can monitor your state police at all. In PA we haven't been able to monitor our state police, DOT, National Guard, EMA, DOH, DOC and just about every other state agency in 10+ years due to them using the Open Sky system. We are in the process of building out a P25 Phase 2 system but the state police will still be 100% encrypted.

coolrich55

The old 800 system is dead here in eastern CT. Back to 0 signal from any cc's on the psr500 from the new system.

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
The old 800 system is dead here in eastern CT. Back to 0 signal from any cc's on the psr500.

To add insult to injury, if I drive a mile up the road heading towards the next town over I am picking up CSE RN. But, from, at present it is not picking up anything at all.

Here's to hoping they strengthen the signals ...

WoodburyMan

*NEW SITE*
It's utilizing a old Troop L 800mhz frequency on the new CSERN P25 system.
This was an old Alternate Control Channel for the SmartZone system, makes sense so the radios will failover to it.
I have verified and heard at least Troop L and Troop B Dispatch and Car/Car (TG501/503 and TG051/503) on this as well as some Troop H and a few others.

Main Control Channel: 859.762500MHz
NAC: 3A1h
System ID: 3A9h
RFSS ID: 1
WACN: BEE00h
Site ID: 31
So far frequencies in use at this site: 856.4875, 852.3250
(I will edit this as I get more, unsure how to get alternate control channels)

Does anyone have any tips to figure out where this is physically? This frequency is covered under the WPPW600 license, and looking at it it could be in:
Middlebury
Torrington
Southbury
Bloomfield
New Milford
Goshen

Realistically, you can cross out Goshen and New Milford, Bloomfield from my QTH those are unreachable on UHF and VHF amataeur bands, it ain't going to make it on 850mhz. Torrington may be a far stretch. It's most likely Southbury or Middlebury.

I went through and tested all the other Litchfield County site frequencies from the SmartZone system, negative from my current location. Troop A still has it's SmartZone control channel active and running, but that was one of the simulcast sites.

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
*NEW SITE*
It's utilizing a old Troop L 800mhz frequency on the new CSERN P25 system.
This was an old Alternate Control Channel for the SmartZone system, makes sense so the radios will failover to it.
I have verified and heard at least Troop L and Troop B Dispatch and Car/Car (TG501/503 and TG051/503) on this as well as some Troop H and a few others.

859.762500MHz
NAC: 3A1h
System ID: 3A9h
RFSS ID: 1
WACN: BEE00h
Site ID: 31

Does anyone have any tips to figure out where this is physically? This frequency is covered under the WPPW600 license, and looking at it it could be in:
Middlebury
Torrington
Southbury
Bloomfield
New Milford
Goshen

Realistically, you can cross out Goshen and New Milford, Bloomfield from my QTH those are unreachable on UHF and VHF amataeur bands, it ain't going to make it on 850mhz. Torrington may be a far stretch. It's most likely Southbury or Middlebury.

I went through and tested all the other Litchfield County site frequencies from the SmartZone system, negative from my current location. Troop A still has it's SmartZone control channel active and running, but that was one of the simulcast sites.
Did you pick any of that up on Route 6 heading towards Watertown?

WoodburyMan

Did you pick any of that up on Route 6 heading towards Watertown?
No.. running from my SDS200 at home now up on my little hill. I wont get a chance to really get out and roam with this until Saturday and Sunday. I may take a drive up North to find new control channels. With my SDS200 set up at home and streaming I don't really need to worry about service elsewhere really much.

The 800mhz channel seems to be coming in better than Plymouth. Very clear.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I would be curious to know what happens with that, because as of right now I'm not hearing anything on Route 6.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
The old 800 system is dead here in eastern CT. Back to 0 signal from any cc's on the psr500 from the new system.

In the central part of the state the Moto system still has a active control channel for H/W but no traffic and the C/K site appears to have been turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX7500X2

Ahh poop left my laptop w/ Sentinel at home.

The full migration has happened from 800 to 700? Is that what the consensus is here?

They have migrated from the old 4.1 system to the new 7.X system, all the 800 channels are still used and they added some 700 channels. The 700 was used to do the cutover so the 800 could run the old system untill it was complete, now it is just 1 big P25 system with 700 & 800 channels. I would expect it to be a few weeks maybe months of tweaking and adding/deleating channels, no rush now and the radios don't care what channels are used

CqDx

Troop G simulcast SmartZone system is still on in Fairfield County.

I see DEEP and MTA PD affiliating to it, but very little CSP traffic and they all have the same Radio ID (patch from P25?)