Cheeseburgers

Switched over to my RH789 on the SDS100 full time now. I get NOTHING on the old system H&W site except DEEP. I am listening to CSERN now primarily...from Bristol I get the Avon site.

Cheeseburgers

They have migrated from the old 4.1 system to the new 7.X system, all the 800 channels are still used and they added some 700 channels. The 700 was used to do the cutover so the 800 could run the old system untill it was complete, now it is just 1 big P25 system with 700 & 800 channels. I would expect it to be a few weeks maybe months of tweaking and adding/deleating channels, no rush now and the radios don't care what channels are used

hmmm

I seem to get AVON site, whatever / where ever that is... Had to select service types again for CSERN... Seems a bit clearer? Who knows. I guess as time goes on it will get better. I have ID Search on now... and it is sort entertaining to hear the bus drivers hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm if they are hearing anything in the Middlebury/Southbury/Woodbury/Roxbury/Watertown/etc area?

Because going down Route 6 up and down throughout that area I am hearing nothing with my SDS100.

I am using the Remtronix antenna that everyone insisted I get a while back.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
hmmm

I seem to get AVON site, whatever / where ever that is... Had to select service types again for CSERN... Seems a bit clearer? Who knows. I guess as time goes on it will get better. I have ID Search on now... and it is sort entertaining to hear the bus drivers hahaha

Yeah but your area is still better for reception than mine.

On a good day I can pick up the majority of Hartford County from Bristol ..

MOTORHEAD27

Premium Subscriber
I am listening to CSERN on the Troop f site , nothing. Just Deep on the 800mhz site.

WoodburyMan

Yeah but your area is still better for reception than mine.

On a good day I can pick up the majority of Hartford County from Bristol ..
Bristol has some pretty high hills... behind Lake Compounce is a REALLY nice repeater site. I know a few amataeur repeaters are there and there was at one point a CSP site there. Majority of town here is in a bowl with hills on all sides and 300ft or less. I'm on a hill and less than 500ft. All about elevation...

The 800mhz CSERN site I found is really active. It's got Troop H, L, and B on it.

Cheeseburgers

Bristol has some pretty high hills... behind Lake Compounce is a REALLY nice repeater site. I know a few amataeur repeaters are there and there was at one point a CSP site there. Majority of town here is in a bowl with hills on all sides and 300ft or less. I'm on a hill and less than 500ft. All about elevation...

The 800mhz CSERN site I found is really active. It's got Troop H, L, and B on it.

Do I have to manually add that site to the CSERN?

oldtimeradio

Anybody know where Troop C went to?
I have 2 separate radios on 700 MHz using Proscan every radio keyup recorded and nothing recorded since around 3 PM...
I see no changes for Troop C in the RR database.

WoodburyMan

I hear Troop C in Middletown. It's Troop D I'm missing.

The database won't change until someone (A member of the community) changes it.
I added Site 31, Troop L, as a submitted change. Tomorrow the database mod should approve it. He added my CSP Talk Groups to it earlier this evening. They shut down their Type-II system and used a 800MHz channel that used to be a alternate control channel as a new Control Channel for CSERN at all their sites. I suspect Troop D is doing the same.

For my SDS200/100 I manually added a new Zone in, added all the old Troop L frequencies, and found it that way.
If you do the same for Troop D, I bet you will find the new CSERN site ID's they are using.

Try it out. D's old Type-II frequencies were 851.2875 851.7125 852.200c 852.5875a 853.200 853.750. If you have a SDS/BCD scanner like me its pretty easy. You may discover their new site. Troop B is also likely hiding using some of their old frequencies. I can get them on L''s though since they roam close to L sites.

Annotation 2019-06-11 220341.png

Note you may need to add the new Talk Groups for Troop D that were just added today. 151 and 153

Annotation 2019-06-11 222753.png

SVFC462

Feed Provider
As of this afternoon I'm not receiving anything anymore on my live CT police feed scanner https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/28978
No longer receiving troop c,d,e,f,k. No idea why, its been running fine for years. Hmm maybe its time to take the old feed down. I will just have to guess what going on in my neighborhood or find out in the newspaper.

I’d have to guess ... reprograming needs to occur as long as the scanner can do the new phase 2 p25 system. Might be why it isn’t working, someone might want to reach out to the host.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolrich55

Ok fixed the issue with my 668. The E site is full blast. So far I've heard Stonington, K, E and D. All loud and clear. Even heard some interop between Groton and Stonington. I think it was 23704 tg.

Last edited:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
So has the old system been disbanned and nothing can be heared anymore on it? so i can delete out of my 396xts