Also heard some traffic in the Norwich area on TG 15901 and 23701
23701 IS Stonington PD.

As far as the new system, I receive every troop and car better than ever. I am near CSP HQ in Middletown.

One more thing, I used to get terrible Simulcast Distortion on Site 06, C&K.

I now get NO Simulcast Distortion. A HUGE improvement in the listening experience!

(y)(y)(y)

matt04

Premium Subscriber
23701 IS Stonington PD.

As far as the new system, I receive every troop and car better than ever. I am near CSP HQ in Middletown.

I now get NO Simulcast Distortion. A HUGE improvement in the listening experience!

(y)(y)(y)
What scanner?

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Coventry Pd will be going on this system,radios ordered not installed yet.
I few days ago I got a couple hits on 13201, which is Coventry based on the TG formula. Only grabbed a few seconds of audio so I couldn't tell what it was.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
23701 IS Stonington PD.

(y)(y)(y)

Opposite for me. My 325p2 Is nearly silent , save for local analog channels.

coolrich55

Got all the troops working when driving near Rt2 (I can hear them when I'm on RT2) but NOTHING at my house. I get no bars on any of the channels whereas the old system I could hear everything just fine. Does the new system have poorer coverage than the old? I wouldn't think they would get worse based on past radio issues with CSP.
Also heard some traffic in the Norwich area on TG 15901 and 23701. Not sure what it is. None of those are in the database.
Groton and Stonington. Both are in the DB.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
996XT, 396XT and 325P2

436hp and 996xt, In the northern part of Enfield and Suffield. Reception is worse for me on the new system, I am still getting 3 to 4 bars on the old Motorola Troop H system. However on the new system, I can barely get one bar On the troop H and C Simulcast sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
436hp and 996xt, In the northern part of Enfield and Suffield. Reception is worse for me on the new system, I am still getting 3 to 4 bars on the old Motorola Troop H system. However on the new system, I can barely get one bar On the troop H and C Simulcast sites.

Seems to be a trend

Cheeseburgers

I get 3-4 on the H simulcast, which I guess in on Avon Mt. from Bristol on an SDS 100 RH789. Average -60 - -100 rssi

Old CSP H&W was full signal, -45 rssi, fairly constant chatter.

Lamont fix this immediately ;););)

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I get 3-4 on the H simulcast, which I guess in on Avon Mt. from Bristol on an SDS 100 RH789. Average -60 - -100 rssi

Old CSP H&W was full signal, -45 rssi, fairly constant chatter.

Lamont fix this immediately ;););)

My understanding is the new P 25 system uses the same sites as the old Motorola system, mostly under a state wide license. If you look at the old Motorola system on RR, And click a particular site it will show you the FCC license and you can see where the transmitters are located. In the case of troop H They should have sites on Avon Mountain, Bristol, Manchester and BDL If I recall correctly.

Last edited:

mkt853

My understanding is the new P 25 system uses the same size as the old Motorola system, mostly under a state wide license. If you look at the old Motorola system on RR, And click a particular site it will show you the FCC license and you can see where the transmitters are located. In the case of troop H They should have sites on Avon Mountain, Bristol, Manchester and BDL If I recall correctly.
I just assumed they would reuse the existing infrastructure (towers) and same transmitter power levels, and naively thought reception would be similar to what it was on the old system with the addition of 700 MHz frequencies.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I just assumed they would reuse the existing infrastructure (towers) and same transmitter power levels, and naively thought reception would be similar to what it was on the old system with the addition of 700 MHz frequencies.

Mist of the 700 Mhz freqs fall under a state wide license and don't list specific sites or ERP. The Troop C Simulcast is a exception to that and has it's own License with they same sites. However, the P25 700 Mhz has a lower ERP. If you drive along 190 from Somers to Enfield, you will see the signal drop of much quicker. Put WQYC312 fro the P25 and WPUG367 for the old Moto system in the FCC ULS search and you can see the lower power on some.

Cheeseburgers

Has the Bristol infrastructure been deprecated? Im just used to nearly perfect signal strength. I only ever parked on the H&W.

Obviously there isnt much I can do about it..

SVFC462

Feed Provider

I have full bars on all of my scanners on both systems.....

SVFC462

Feed Provider
I live in Bloomfield. On my travels to and from the Farmington Valley.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I live in Bloomfield. On my travels to and from the Farmington Valley.

Yeah that part of the state is no issue with any signals. I used to live in Hartford and had more signals available than I could ever follow at once with multiple scanners. In my area now , we are lucky to hear anything at all.

Mist of the 700 Mhz freqs fall under a state wide license and don't list specific sites or ERP. The Troop C Simulcast is a exception to that and has it's own License with they same sites. However, the P25 700 Mhz has a lower ERP. If you drive along 190 from Somers to Enfield, you will see the signal drop of much quicker. Put WQYC312 fro the P25 and WPUG367 for the old Moto system in the FCC ULS search and you can see the lower power on some.

I wonder what troopers think of this new radio system in regards to their portables. Do you think they are having the same issue as us "scanner fans" are having with their portables and not so good range on the 700 mhz system. Why just go out and buy the Motorola 700/800 antenna and put it on the scanner to see if it improves coverage.

Cheeseburgers

Someone mentioned it already... my signal is in fact kinda all over the place...

Itll be high 90s then plummet to well over 100, then a big fat zero. Its really odd.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190618-211057_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190618-211057_Gallery.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 29