snowscout

Thanks! definitely no newbie to radios... new to trunking yes. I have a couple of APx radios and APX mobiles.
Welcome!

Make sure that the first thing you do is update the firmware. This will give better access to the "Threshold" setting that you will need to manually set for better sound clarity on the CSERN setup!

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Edit:
P.S. Read the posts prior to this, you will find answers to some questions you might have concerning programing and the database on RR.

WoodburyMan

Question: Has anyone heard or figured out what the TG's for Emergency Service Unit 1 and Emergency Service Unit 2 on the old CSP Moto SmartZone II system is on CSERN? They used to be 32368 and 32400 (Hex 7e7 and 7e9) on CSP. If it goes how the other TalkGroups were converted, they would be 2023 and 2025.

There used to be a lot of responses on there. We had a stateout incident last fall here in town for a distraught individual barricaded in his house somewhat they used those TG's for, and I'd heard something once in a while on it.

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
Well like I have been saying the version of the database from RR seems to perform lackluster on scanners. My sds100 is working great since someome gave me a custom favorites list that they modified a bit (control channels). That's why I need to do the same for my BCD325P2.

Im in the same boat, ever since I updated to RR DB my SDS100 has quieted down significantly....Any chance you could share that favorite list? I'd love to compare it to what i have now and fix this mess.

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
I travel to Wayback Burger over by Newtown Rd. My SDS 100 is silent. My 536, however, receives CSERN quite well along I84 almost to the NY border

Yeah reception is spotty here in New Fairfield also lately on my SDS100....on my external things pick up, but i dont just sit in my shack all day

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I've heard nothing on the DOT channels. Is it Phase 1 or 2?

Last I listened/searched, there was only one DOT talk group For district 1 and it was phase 1.

The DOT does not talk very much on the radio, even during snowstorms, so you’re probably waiting for some major incident or whatnot where you might find a significant amount of radio traffic. During one of the snowstorms this past winter, the DOT District one talk group was simply a patch to the old low band system they use. Haven’t had a chance to look at a DOT truck recently to see if they have any 800 MHz Antennas, last ones I’ve seen only have the low band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOT District one talk group was simply a patch to the old low band system they use.
I've only heard them a few times - mostly during storms. VERY rarely and obviously patched.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to monitor them. All they say is "I'll push back that lane" and "Where do you want to eat?"

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to this group Im now in much better shape, monitoring this high speed pursuit between troop I, G and H seamlessly....Thank you for the help!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the result of that Pursuit was? The last I heard it was broken off. I hope they caught them.

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
They used stop sticks and caught and subsequently arrested them in MIlford on Rt15S at exit 55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cg

Premium Subscriber
The patch was shut off so Troop H users were back to only being heard on whatever channel their radios were on.
Radio system worked well because the dispatchers knew how to patch. I regularly see the two troop channels get patched together on various troops at odd times. It is knocked down within a minute or so with nothing going on and no traffic. I would assume it is someone practicing which would be rare in many locations.

But as soon as the pursuit was halted so was the Troop H reception

chris