keys

Last I listened/searched, there was only one DOT talk group For district 1 and it was phase 1.

The DOT does not talk very much on the radio, even during snowstorms, so you’re probably waiting for some major incident or whatnot where you might find a significant amount of radio traffic. During one of the snowstorms this past winter, the DOT District one talk group was simply a patch to the old low band system they use. Haven’t had a chance to look at a DOT truck recently to see if they have any 800 MHz Antennas, last ones I’ve seen only have the low band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No roll out yet statewide but planning done. Low band stuff getting hard to source. Most supervisors on cells. Crew on low band especially during moving operations on highway. Call signs in the 1000 range are District 1

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Did you submit a correction?

View attachment 73692
For future reference, that Submit Info link is not the most efficient way to submit info to the database.

The best method is to navigate to the system's page (or county/agency/etc.), then click the Submit tab. That will make sure the submission gets directly where it needs to go, without you having to drill down through all of the crap that the Submit Info link requires. ;)

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
13201 active today. Coventry PD. Phase 2 mode. Incorrect in the database currently along with Stonington which is phase 1.

All local agency talkgroups on this system appear to use Dynamic Dual Mode. This means that the talkgroup is TDMA until a Phase 1 only radio (XTS/XTL) affiliate to it in which case the talkgroup switches to FDMA mode. This would by why people have seen Stonington in both Phase 1 and Phase 2 modes.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
The DB has been updated. It was submitted correctly.
For the record, this would be an update, not a correction. The DB is changing as the system grows and we gather new info from you folks.
I also added Madison PD. It's in as digital for now, if it needs to be changed to TDMA, someone let me know.

coolrich55

All local agency talkgroups on this system appear to use Dynamic Dual Mode. This means that the talkgroup is TDMA until a Phase 1 only radio (XTS/XTL) affiliate to it in which case the talkgroup switches to FDMA mode. This would by why people have seen Stonington in both Phase 1 and Phase 2 modes.
The DB has been updated. It was submitted correctly.
For the record, this would be an update, not a correction. The DB is changing as the system grows and we gather new info from you folks.
I also added Madison PD. It's in as digital for now, if it needs to be changed to TDMA, someone let me know.
Thank you

Any thoughts on changing this system in the database to Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network (CLMRN) since that is the actual name of this system?
I think changing it will just over-complicate things and confuse people causing new users to ask questions.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Last edited:

brndnstffrd

I think changing it will just over-complicate things and confuse people causing new users to ask questions.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
But it is broke because that is not the real name. If people see the real name mentioned in official documents, media, press releases, etc then come here looking for info on it, we will be in the same situation. I say change the name to match the official name, then if necessary, put a little note on the database page saying something like "Previously referred to on this site as CSERN"

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
But it is broke because that is not the real name. If people see the real name mentioned in official documents, media, press releases, etc then come here looking for info on it, we will be in the same situation. I say change the name to match the official name, then if necessary, put a little note on the database page saying something like "Previously referred to on this site as CSERN"

I agree with that. If it helps people maybe change the system news box in the database to include that "Previously referred to on this site as CSERN" and remove what is there now about "NEWIN" and all that, as none of that is actually true.

Also having this system falsely labled as "CSERN" makes it easly confused with the actual CSPERN system.

A quick google search of "Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network" will result in lots of good articles regarding this system and municipalities that are/are considering joining this system. As were searching "CSERN" will get you no where.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Found this article from March 2019 after searching for Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network
Durham to connect to state police radio system

"Durham officials will soon be able to communicate more easily with public safety personnel around the state when it incorporate the town’s radio devices into the Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network.
“Because we are at the precipice of having to replace our subscriber units anyway, now is the time we have the opportunity to buy those ones that are particularly compatible with this platform,” First Selectman Laura Francis said. Subscriber units refer to portable handheld radios.
The Land Mobile Radio Network is maintained by the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, providing voice communications to state police and other statewide personnel and, after a recent upgrade, interested municipalities.
Durham will not be charged for joining the network, but will be responsible for buying compatible radios and making upgrades to the coverage as needed. Clayton Northgraves, DESSP director of emergency telecommunications, said he would fight any future efforts to charge municipalities should a proposal come forward. "