gofasters4

Found this article from March 2019 after searching for Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network
Durham to connect to state police radio system

There was intermittent "Test 123" traffic on TG 13802 a few days last week.

Also, I think Madison 17601 is in a test phase. I only hear them on site 27 for a couple of hours now and then, and all the calls have a source unit ID of 0. An ad hoc patch from their existing system?

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
There was intermittent "Test 123" traffic on TG 13802 a few days last week.

Also, I think Madison 17601 is in a test phase. I only hear them on site 27 for a couple of hours now and then, and all the calls have a source unit ID of 0. An ad hoc patch from their existing system?

You would be correct. Radio ID 0 on a P25 system is a patch. They likely have the existing system patched in to help with the transition over to CLMRN

brndnstffrd

The name should either stay CSERN or be changed to CERN. The official name for the state P25 controller is Connecticut Emergency Radio Network. It's even listed on the official list of P25 trunking systems on the Project 25 website. http://www.project25.org/images/sto...stems_List_Final_REV-11b_June_2019_190610.pdf
In another thread it was stated that the list was not comprehensive or 100% accurate. One of the DB admins here said that it is compiled from the database on this site, and there a several inaccuracies and nonexistent systems listed.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The name should either stay CSERN or be changed to CERN. The official name for the state P25 controller is Connecticut Emergency Radio Network. It's even listed on the official list of P25 trunking systems on the Project 25 website. http://www.project25.org/images/sto...stems_List_Final_REV-11b_June_2019_190610.pdf
As @brndnstffrd correctly points out, that list is compiled from the RRDB, and could hardly be considered "official".

ecps92

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you look on the agreement (MOU) that the municipalities sign with the state, the system is referred to as "the Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network". The only place you find CSERN is in the monitoring websites.

chris

snowscout

Not sure I understand the question. It's a trunked system. The frequency changes all the time.
I know it's a trunked system and know the frequency shifts! What I'm saying is that the times that I've seen them use an alternate to channel 1, it has been the same frequency every time. Is it coincidence? I don't know. Unfortunately I have thrown away my notes by accident.

snowscout

Currently, being displayed on my 325P2, CC 773.93125. Groton Ch 1, is consistently displaying 772.60625 every time I've had the time to monitor, usually at night. Like I stated above that is what I'm seeing and have noticed other channels are consistently using the same frequencies other than above every time. I threw away my notes by accident.

What do you mean Control Channel Only?
This explains why you are having difficulty understanding Trunking.

You should only program in the Primary (Shown in Red) and Secondary (Shown with a little "a" ) Control Channels.

The scanner "listens" to the Control Channel, which tells it which frequency to monitor.

This explains CC Only in the 325P2:
It sounds like you are scanning ALL frequencies on the System. That's why it's behaving the way you describe.

snowscout

This explains why you are having difficulty understanding Trunking.

You should only program in the Primary (Shown in Red) and Secondary (Shown with a little "a" ) Control Channels.

The scanner "listens" to the Control Channel, which tells it which frequency to monitor.

This explains CC Only in the 325P2:
It sounds like you are scanning ALL frequencies on the System. That's why it's behaving the way you describe.
Just did that while you posted! I had it in my fool head of mine that everything had to be programmed in! Thanks for pointing that out and while you were posting I looked up the "easy read" manual and have bookmarked it! :)