WoodburyMan

Just wondering if any one has heard anything about the TG's from the old system for Emergency Service Unit 1 or 2 being on CSERN? (SWAT like operations). They're usually fairly active once a week or so they get activated, at least when they were on the old system.

I knew they shouldn't be encrypted. The others were in the clear and used cells for secure convo's.

WickedRedSoxFan

Premium Subscriber
Question on Madison:

I am in Clinton and as far as Madison goes, I'm still hearing them over their original listed frequency of 460.28750. Added the 17601 TG yesterday (Using Troop F) and started listening. Only heard it a few times so far and not quite sure if it is Madison. It could be, but not 100% positive. Anyone know if they switching over to CSERN permanently soon? Or they going to keep using their original frequency and just dual cast over it?

WoodburyMan

No sign of them and there have been a few incidents where they would normally appear.
They have to be on CSERN somehow... as even before they were just regular CSP Troopers that were part of the Eastern/Western teams that would activate for responses and drive to the scene. I just hope they didn't go Encrypted. The few "E" groups I have seen do not line up to their old Talk Group ID's the way the others (Ex Troop A, L, etc) TG's got numbered. So no idea.....

However, for those channels, I would 100% understand encryption use as they are full tactical channels. Some of the things I used to hear were NOT bits of information I would transmit in the clear...

APX7500X2

Narc & ESU/SWAT/USAR/Training acad are all 100% Encrypted on CLMRN now, along with TG 305, no idea what it is yet but I got 12 hits on it sitting in stamford 2 diffrent mobile Ids

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone noticed if there are any control channels still online from the old Motorola Type II system? Or is it confirmed that system is now completely offline?

WoodburyMan

Narc & ESU/SWAT/USAR/Training acad are all 100% Encrypted on CLMRN now, along with TG 305, no idea what it is yet but I got 12 hits on it sitting in stamford 2 diffrent mobile Ids
Good to know we aren't missing them at least. Those channels I 100% understand encryption use. Full on Tactical / undercover channels I see the need for.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Any Idea what TGs? Are they using the P25 eqiv TGs from the Moto System? Easy to lock those out so I don't waste time looking foe something I won't hear.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone noticed if there are any control channels still online from the old Motorola Type II system? Or is it confirmed that system is now completely offline?
The Troop G control channel from the old system is still up and running. I believe that is going to be kept up and running so that Metro North can still have access to it.
Dave

mkt853

How would that be when they have access to the 700 system but yeah keep them on 800 would be a good idea
Does MTA PD use the 700 MHz system? I haven't heard them, but maybe it's because I don't have their talk group programmed for the new system. They were still on the old system through the transition period a couple of months ago.

APX7500X2

Does MTA PD use the 700 MHz system? I haven't heard them, but maybe it's because I don't have their talk group programmed for the new system. They were still on the old system through the transition period a couple of months ago.
MTA has mostly APX7000s in VHF/700-800 They were purchesed some time ago with just Type II trunking and need to be upgraded to do P25, when thats done they will be on the 700/800 CLMRN system like everyone else

PhillyPhoto

Attachments

• Supplemental_Agenda_Package_Court_of_Common_Council_Meeting_September_24_2018.pdf
    695.9 KB · Views: 9