jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
The Troop G control channel from the old system is still up and running. I believe that is going to be kept up and running so that Metro North can still have access to it.
Dave

I was down there on Monday and it appeared that only Site 1 and Site 2 (Troop G and A/I) are still online, likely due to the MTA PD issue with there APX7000s not being flashed for P25 Trunking.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
I've heard them testing over the past few months.

One guy on the move all over the Hartford area as far South as Berlin, reporting every few minutes on signal strength and readability.

Trunk Group 40.
[/QUOTE

Yes they are testing radios if your in the area. they have been testing the conventional repeaters as well for the last week or so

brndnstffrd

Just as an FYI, I figured I would post the council minutes that should the MOU (memorandum of understanding) between the city of Hartford and the state for HFD to use the system (pages 8 & 9) from September, 2018 in case anyone is interested in the legalese: http://www.hartford.gov/images/Town..._Common_Council_Meeting_September_24_2018.pdf
Not to keep beating the dead horse, but that is yet another official document referring to the system as the CLMRN, and not CSERN. As has been discussed previously in this thread, and the general consensus agreed, there is no reason to continue referring to it by the wrong name, both in this thread and in the DB. Can we get an official statement from one of the admins why it has not been changed to the official name the state has given it?

WoodburyMan

Not to keep beating the dead horse, but that is yet another official document referring to the system as the CLMRN, and not CSERN. As has been discussed previously in this thread, and the general consensus agreed, there is no reason to continue referring to it by the wrong name, both in this thread and in the DB. Can we get an official statement from one of the admins why it has not been changed to the official name the state has given it?
Has anyone actually submitted it? Nothing happens unless it's submitted.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Submissions do not impact the Wiki, only the RRDB

Wiki is editable by any/all - go forth and edit
I wouldn't go renaming trunked system wiki articles willy nilly, as doing so can break the link from the database entry. Best to wait until the TRS is renamed in the RRDB, then rename the wiki article to match.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Who renamed it anyway, that is an odd name for a statewide radio system involving the state police.

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Who renamed it anyway, that is an odd name for a statewide radio system involving the state police.

The system was never named CSERN, someone on this website made up that name. As far as the actual name Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network is concerned you have to remember that this system is no longer just for the State Police but all state agencies and local agencies that want to use it.

Cheeseburgers

Been using this... stellar recieve on CSERN. Worth a look, it bends at a 90, but I put a dab of gorilla to lock in place.

Attachments

• 20190817_183952.jpg
    20190817_183952.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 55

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
The system was never named CSERN, someone on this website made up that name. As far as the actual name Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network is concerned you have to remember that this system is no longer just for the State Police but all state agencies and local agencies that want to use it.

There is a CS-PERN system, probably where the goof up was. All the information is here, printed in 2016 on the names of the systems: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DEMHS/_docs/DisDistresspdf/CTUpdatedSCIP1417finalversionpdf.pdf?la=en

... And also this from this year: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DEMHS...Communications/2019-CSPERN-Guidance.pdf?la=en

Cheeseburgers

Interesting! Where did you get it?

I found another thread from years ago here on RR, then googled the antenna, a Shure 774, found one on eBay for 10 or so dollars, like I said I glued mine in place, the hinge, not the antenna to the scanner, but so far its amazing. Going from a RH789 to this is a massive improvement, same for the rem sma for the sds100. Im parked on H Simulcast great reception.

WoodburyMan

I found another thread from years ago here on RR, then googled the antenna, a Shure 774, found one on eBay for 10 or so dollars, like I said I glued mine in place, the hinge, not the antenna to the scanner, but so far its amazing. Going from a RH789 to this is a massive improvement, same for the rem sma for the sds100. Im parked on H Simulcast great reception.
I use these for the new system. Directional Yagi pointed out the window, vertically polarized. It's a cell phone booster antenna, but because it's made for 700-900mhz, it's PERFECT for CLMRN because its 760mhz and 859mhz area.
51mOM7sTzJL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: weBoost Outdoor Directional Yagi Antenna with N Female Connector 301111 for 700/800/900 MHz Band: Cell Phones & Accessories
With the larger antenna, I get -87db on L Simulcast, -91db on I Simulcast, -99db on A Simulcast in Woodbury. I can also pickup Waterbury at like -95db. Using any omnidirectional antenna the results were about 3db to 6db (50% or 25%) weaker signals. I have it hooked up with a Y adapter on my SDS200 that goes to a Diamond HT Ham Antenna for 2m and 70cm mounted in a Window to pick up local VHF and 450 VHF in Woodbury, Middlebury, Watertown, Southbury, Oxford, etc...

There's a smaller version I use mobile when I use Unitrunker and my SDR.
Amazon.com: Phonetone 7/9dbi Outdoor Directional Yagi 698-960/1710-2700Mhz GSM Antenna with N Female Connector: Cell Phones & Accessories

For my SDS100 I use the Alinco REM-820S
H0-016648A.jpg

You are being redirected...
It works great for CLMRN, 700-900mhz, however it's a bit weak for 159mhz VHF and 450mhz UHF. I usually keep a longer wavelength portable antenna with me if I need to swap it out.

APX7500X2

There is a CS-PERN system, probably where the goof up was. All the information is here, printed in 2016 on the names of the systems: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DEMHS/_docs/DisDistresspdf/CTUpdatedSCIP1417finalversionpdf.pdf?la=en

... And also this from this year: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DEMHS...Communications/2019-CSPERN-Guidance.pdf?la=en
Yes thats CSPERN (Not the RR CSERN made up name) Its not a trunking system, it is still around, Simulcast analog system for mutual aid that New Haven PD sits on their mics all the time on