WoodburyMan

I've heard 5663 on the H simulcast, with the base using "britport ops" something similar. I didn't catch enought ot positivdly ID as Service patrol. However, TG 5662 I found was Hartord service patrol, so it makes sense. The last hit I got on 5662 was Phase I if I remember correctly.
According to Scan New England TG 5663 is service patrol south which would make sense if you heard something like Bridgeport ops.
On L Simulcast I got TG 5651 and 5662 in the last two days as well.
UID 1871002 on TG 5651 "Truck 4 on the air heading to Brook St" "6 is back on the air and the road 6 Clear"
UID 1871010 on TG 5662 "Bridgeport 34 Logging in Good Morning" "Bridgeport Control Good Morning" "No driver for 13 coming into 84"

WoodburyMan

8TAC and 8CALL is in use today, I heard it on DEMHS interop TG. I would monitor those to see how they work.

DEMHS is HIGHLY active today so far. Both Fire Coordinator and and Interop Talkgroups. I suggest everyone monitor this to nail down any new talk groups. Shelton is Troop I area so Troop I Simulcast will be active. It borders A and G area as well so those may be active. I did get the DEMHS TG's on L simulcast though. I got a few calls on 8CAL so far too. Luckily I can get I Simulcast from their Naugy site here in Woodbury....

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw ERV in use too.

State Firefighters Convention 9-13

Last edited:

WoodburyMan

**NEW SITE**
Scanning both Troop A Simulcast and Troop I Simulcast I found a new peer. Site 32 860.4875.
It's not in range of my in Woodbury, and it's not Peer''d to Troop L.

Sites that still need to be mapped, preferably with DSD Plus or Unitrunker:
Site 32 ***New*** (Not in Database)
CC: 860.4875
Peers: Troop A (22), Troop I (29) (Not Troop L)

Site 37 Oly Lyme (In Database, not fully mapped)
CC: 859.9375
Peers: Troop F (27), Troop E (26), Troop K (30)

Site 38 Sharon (Not in Database)
CC: 774.51875
Peers: Troop B (23)

Site32_A.png

Site32_I.png

cg

Premium Subscriber
32 is Naugatuck stand alone site. Only Neighbor of Troop I Simulcast. Freqs are in the license.
38 is confirmed at the Sharon FD but the freqs are temporary (using Statewide license). They are not using the licensed freqs for that site yet. I had posted in one of the threads when I went up there DSDPlus

chris

WoodburyMan

32 is Naugatuck stand alone site. Only Neighbor of Troop I Simulcast. Freqs are in the license.
38 is confirmed at the Sharon FD but the freqs are temporary (using Statewide license). They are not using the licensed freqs for that site yet. I had posted in one of the threads when I went up there DSDPlus

chris
My DSD+ right now shows Troop A and Troop I are neighbors for 32. Not just I.
And Troop I peers to H, G, A and F in addition to 32.
That's interesting that it's a Naugatuck stand alone site. Troop I Simulcast has a repeater site right near the Naugy forest on the Oxford line somewhere s I get like -95db inside a steel cage building in Oxford next to the Airport at work. It's VERY strong through Naugatuck. I can't touch it from Woodbury either, and I get I's repeater as well as Naugy PD from my location. So it's weird I can't reach it. I'll try that new Site 32 from work and see if I can get a hit tomorrow and map it. If not I'll make a 10 minute drive over to Naugy and see if I can hit it there too and map it, easy enough. I got a directional 700/800mhz portable yagi so I can even see where it's coming from. It's possible that license is from when that was used there for the old SmartZone II site for Troop A/I? And they just haven't updated the license location yet and it could be different. The peers though of A and I do suggest that area at because the most likely though.

Sharon should prob still be entered into the DB even if it's' temp. Can be updated later. But that and Old Lyme still need to have their frequencies mapped my DSD+ or Unitrunker to fill in the database a bit. I keep meaning to take a trip up to Sharon one weekend but never find the time.

APX7500X2

I got a directional 700/800mhz portable yagi so I can even see where it's coming from.
Its behind Big Y in Naugatuck along the train tracks, it was put in 4 or 5 years ago so the MTA police could use their portables there..
The troop I/A site in oxford is on Shelton Rd, in the winter you can see it from the airport, its been there for ever

WoodburyMan

Its behind Big Y in Naugatuck along the train tracks, it was put in 4 or 5 years ago so the MTA police could use their portables there..
The troop I/A site in oxford is on Shelton Rd, in the winter you can see it from the airport, its been there for ever
Gotcha. I bet from there it would also cover the Waterbury train station up the valley a bit no problem. That Naugy river valley acts as a giant conduit for radio signals. From Shoreline to Torrington you can get some good ducting on UHF and VHF ham frequencies.
I got time tonight where if I cant get it at work, I will map the new site from the Big Y / CVS / Advanced parking lot. Thanks for the tips!

cg

Premium Subscriber
My error, I hadn't noticed that A was a neighbor as well, and DSD+ had logged it as well.
NAC 3A2 WPPF755
860.4875 CC
859.4875 SCC
854.6375 BSI

chris

WoodburyMan

My error, I hadn't noticed that A was a neighbor as well, and DSD+ had logged it as well.
NAC 3A2 WPPF755
860.4875 CC
859.4875 SCC
854.6375 BSI

chris
I got the exact same info. I'm sitting in the Family Dollar store and BOY is the signal strong.
One thing to note, there's absolutely no traffic on it. I am listing with my SDS100 on Troop A (Troop I is out of range here) and MTA Police, as well as a few CSP Troops and CT Transit TG's came on that, but nothing on the Naugatuck site.

What's BSI? I saw that pop up in a transmission too for like 30 seconds on that channel. Some type of interface to other sites?
Annotation 2019-09-18 173927.png

keys

On L Simulcast I got TG 5651 and 5662 in the last two days as well.
UID 1871002 on TG 5651 "Truck 4 on the air heading to Brook St" "6 is back on the air and the road 6 Clear"
UID 1871010 on TG 5662 "Bridgeport 34 Logging in Good Morning" "Bridgeport Control Good Morning" "No driver for 13 coming into 84"
Service patrol for brook st transmission

APX7500X2

I got the exact same info. I'm sitting in the Family Dollar store and BOY is the signal strong.
One thing to note, there's absolutely no traffic on it. I am listing with my SDS100 on Troop A (Troop I is out of range here) and MTA Police, as well as a few CSP Troops and CT Transit TG's came on that, but nothing on the Naugatuck site.

What's BSI? I saw that pop up in a transmission too for like 30 seconds on that channel. Some type of interface to other sites?
View attachment 75408
You won't hear anything unless a unit afilates with it..then it will carry that tg.

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
It seems the old Type II system is now compleatly offline, not hearing a control channel for Troop G or Troop A/I Simulcasts anymore in the New Haven area.

WoodburyMan

It seems the old Type II system is now compleatly offline, not hearing a control channel for Troop G or Troop A/I Simulcasts anymore in the New Haven area.
More frequencies for CLMRN :)
Maybe how this Naugy site just popped up. I bet we will start to see some of the old fill in sites like Waramaug and Skiff Mountain pop back up soon maybe, or the old frequencies added to existing sites.
You won't hear anything unless a unit afilates with it..then it will carry that tg.
Ah yeah. I saw a few DEEP ID's being rejected from joining the site when I was monitoring. My guess they haven't flipped the switch yet to allow roaming to it. Or it only is allowed some specific TG's.

WoodburyMan

TG 46 Today had some test tones and mic checks and some 1-2-3, 3-2-1 voice checks on it. UID on a few of the TX's was 51. My SDS200 didnt pick up a UID for some of the TX's. Was on L Simulcast.

licpl8man

Premium Subscriber
Anybody with the ability to track new sites that live in the western part of the state want to take a ride to Danbury? I’m willing to bet there’s an unmapped site in the area. There are definite reception issues on CLMRN for us scanner operators that I’m sure CSP and DOT aren’t experiencing.