Dickie_10

It looks like four 800mhz frequencies have been added to the 027 Troop F site. Talkgroup 13801 (which would be Durham, based on the town tax codes) also appears to be rebroadcasting Middlesex County Fire Dispatch 46.18 in P2 / TDMA.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would expect to see the other 2 frequencies from the old Troop F Motorola Type II site to show up as well. 853.5625 (as a SCC), and 852.0750.

chris

WoodburyMan

It looks like four 800mhz frequencies have been added to the 027 Troop F site. Talkgroup 13801 (which would be Durham, based on the town tax codes) also appears to be rebroadcasting Middlesex County Fire Dispatch 46.18 in P2 / TDMA.

View attachment 76171
Oh neat. When I get back late tonight/tomorrow I will check Site L, A, and I for any changes as well.
I scanned Site B on Sunday with DSD+ for an hour from Warren and found no changes.

APX7500X2

Not to go way off topic, but I vaguely remember the old system was digital. Also the new system has a p-25 emission, anyways what happened to all the old radios, portables and mobiles? Does anyone know if we can expect to see them at auction? Thanks in advance
I expect a big drill bit went right thorough the middle of them and they were sent to scrap...Motorola would never let them back out on the street, they would take them back in trade and destroy them

garys

Premium Subscriber
Unlike the old days when Motorola (and GE) equipment was made available for amateur use, now it's mostly destroyed. The last time my former agency got a grant and replaced every portable and mobile, the old stuff was crushed by our radio guys. They might have kept one or two, but the rest were destroyed as part of the very good price Motorola sold the new stuff for.

It's a shame from a radio enthusiast perspective, but makes a lot of sense from a business standpoint for Motorola.

I expect a big drill bit went right thorough the middle of them and they were sent to scrap...Motorola would never let them back out on the street, they would take them back in trade and destroy them

mkt853

Unlike the old days when Motorola (and GE) equipment was made available for amateur use, now it's mostly destroyed. The last time my former agency got a grant and replaced every portable and mobile, the old stuff was crushed by our radio guys. They might have kept one or two, but the rest were destroyed as part of the very good price Motorola sold the new stuff for.

It's a shame from a radio enthusiast perspective, but makes a lot of sense from a business standpoint for Motorola.
Why is that good from a business standpoint? Seems like such a waste and really underscores the American lifestyle of wastefulness.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Because there is no secondary market and people have to buy new radios. It makes a lot of sense from an economic standpoint, even if I don't like it.

Why is that good from a business standpoint? Seems like such a waste and really underscores the American lifestyle of wastefulness.

thom

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any update on the status of Norwich Pd switching to CLMRN? I thought it was supposed to be in September.

MrAntiDigital

"thom", I was hoping that someone might have been able to help you with the question regarding the status of the Norwich P.D.

If they can help you, they will be helping me too. And maybe a dozen or so others here.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I thought I read that it was supposed to be an Public Safety subcommittee agenda item to keep the City Council updated on the progress of the project. The last update was in May. Back then they said early 2020 for completion of the project.

chris

thom

Premium Subscriber
I guess we'll just have to be patient. One day, the tag will come up when they start testing.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I had logged some testing from radio service a while back but have only logged Norwich radios testing in the last week.
As I am not in the area, I don't know if there are any new towers/better coverage, but I have seen the TG (20401) and radios.
chris

RESQ766

I had logged some testing from radio service a while back but have only logged Norwich radios testing in the last week.
As I am not in the area, I don't know if there are any new towers/better coverage, but I have seen the TG (20401) and radios.
chris
Yeah, thats the same thing that I have logged for Norwich

MrAntiDigital

THANK YOU for the info guys.

I'm actually in NO Hurry for this changeover to occur for the Norwich PD. I can pick them up fine as it is BUT, I know they are long overdue for a replacement and a change. The old low band channels are very limited and often have dead spots throughout the city.

Will the volunteer fire depts. throughout the city be next ? They are also operating on the old low band channel.

The Norwich FD changed from the low band to the high band with repeaters back in the early 1990s. The police dept and volunteer depts. were advised to do the same back then. It didn't happen. To this day, that Norwich FD radio system has been serving that dept well.

Again, I THANK YOU for your assistance. I hope that you will continue to keep us advised.

RESQ766

Is anybody able to map out the Troop B, C, D, K, and L simulcast sites to see if CTS added more frequencies to them? I know they already added more frequencies to the Troop A, E, F, and I simulcast sites.

oldtimeradio

Is anybody able to map out the Troop B, C, D, K, and L simulcast sites to see if CTS added more frequencies to them? I know they already added more frequencies to the Troop A, E, F, and I simulcast sites.
Try this...
Go to RR Frequency Database
Select CLMRN Database
Under Name choose your site.
Click on the site your interested in, Under the site name it will show a line and lead you to the next page.
Under the site MAP it lists the frequencies in use.
Additional information click on the site callsign. It will show all frequencies licensed for the site but the frequency list should
show the frequencies in use.

Hope this helps...

Mike OTR