LD723

I am kind of surprised when ct state police made the switch they weren't immediately tdma and stayed phase 1 there's more than likely a reason to it but to me it would've made more sense. I'm guessing that they may still have older radios that do phase 1 only but I'm not quite sure.

RESQ766

I am kind of surprised when ct state police made the switch they weren't immediately tdma and stayed phase 1 there's more than likely a reason to it but to me it would've made more sense. I'm guessing that they may still have older radios that do phase 1 only but I'm not quite sure.
Thats what I'm thinking. Also originally, the sites only had 2 TDMA channels. Recently they've been adding more channels to site. The sites that they've already added more channels to now have a total of 6 TDMA channels, and they are starting to update the talkgroups that use those sites to TDMA. So far I have seen 6 talkgroups that were originally phase 1 get updates to TDMA.

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
Greenwich just switched to phase 2 on all talkgroups, and I hear that there has been complaining about the reduction in voice quality. Perhaps the reasoning is to keep the important TG’s fdma until absolutely necessary due to load.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Greenwich just switched to phase 2 on all talkgroups, and I hear that there has been complaining about the reduction in voice quality. Perhaps the reasoning is to keep the important TG’s fdma until absolutely necessary due to load.
As I recall one of the municipal depts that switched switched backed and forth between phase 1 and 2, probably to work out any kinks. Maybe using smaller deployments to iron out any issues before agencies like CSP, CTTransit, etc. switch.

As I recall one of the municipal depts that switched switched backed and forth between phase 1 and 2,
The system switches back and forth depending whether any Phase 1 radios are affiliated.

If ANY phase 1 radios are affiliated, the system operates as Phase 1.

snowscout

Hi all! Anybody been getting ID 20401? I've only gotten snippets of voice action and have been trying to figure out who it is. Basically I really haven't been paying attention until last 2 nights! Any ideas?

RESQ766

Hi all! Anybody been getting ID 20401? I've only gotten snippets of voice action and have been trying to figure out who it is. Basically I really haven't been paying attention until last 2 nights! Any ideas?
Norwich Police Operations. They’ve been doing testing lately.

thom

Premium Subscriber
I have heard Norwich testing on the troop E site. I haven't heard them in a few days after the active few days last week including one test at 2 am which sounded more like a dispatcher than a tech guy.

coolrich55

65464 active tonight. Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet. Not in db or wiki. Didn't hear enough to figure who it is. It was either on the K or E site.

RESQ766

65464 active tonight. Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet. Not in db or wiki. Didn't hear enough to figure who it is. It was either on the K or E site.
Its Wallingford PD. They cant be added to the database or wiki because their TGID changes multiple times a day. In the past couple weeks Wallingford PD has been on a total of 82 different 65xxx talkgroups.