WoodburyMan

Oh yes, looks like someone added that to the RR database.
Agreed, better than everything being encrypted. I see the need for some TAC channels for say dangerous situations to be encrypted, such as the Emergency Response Units and such. Or if there's manhunts or something going on. I would expect them to use these for patches too as most of those are for Tactical Ops, like a while ago they patched in Danbury PD to Troop A Car/Car TG when they were doing a manhunt for a armed suspect.

WoodburyMan

I found Wallingford today. It was on Troop I Simulcast site. Good amount of traffic today, over 26 minutes of traffic on TalkGroup 65446. UID's were 148xxxx (1 x 1481xxx, 6 x 1484xxx, and 2 x 1489xxx that appeared to be dispatch.). This was clearly their police channel. Addresses and tax code line up to show Wallingford.

RESQ766

I found Wallingford today. It was on Troop I Simulcast site. Good amount of traffic today, over 26 minutes of traffic on TalkGroup 65446. UID's were 148xxxx (1 x 1481xxx, 6 x 1484xxx, and 2 x 1489xxx that appeared to be dispatch.). This was clearly their police channel. Addresses and tax code line up to show Wallingford.
The 65xxx talkgroups are temporary patches. They have been patching Wallingford into the state controller for the last month but their TG changes every day.

RF-Sponge

The 65xxx talkgroups are temporary patches. They have been patching Wallingford into the state controller for the last month but their TG changes every day.
So every day they patch Wallingford to a different talk group? That's confusing for the guys on the road isnt it?

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how it shows on DSDPlus but I wonder if it is some kind of dynamic regrouping. I have not logged any 148xxxx radios but only see EXTERNAL or a few different 16777xxx radios.

chris

APX7500X2

So every day they patch Wallingford to a different talk group? That's confusing for the guys on the road isnt it?
The guys and girls on the road are using the Wallingford Trunk system, Just audio from that system is being patched to the CLMRN from the wallingford console that is attached to the state M core as a backup so they can share

RESQ766

The guys and girls on the road are using the Wallingford Trunk system, Just audio from that system is being patched to the CLMRN from the wallingford console that is attached to the state M core as a backup so they can share
^^^^^^^

bobmich52

Just wondering

Will CDOT plow trucks be working off Their legacy Freqs or will they be on CLMRN??

cg

Premium Subscriber
The only thing from CONNDOT actively using the trunked system is Service Patrol and radio techs.

chris

WoodburyMan

It looks like the Emergency Operations Center TG was added today in the DB. This will be useful since I bet they'll be opening it up for this 2 day long storm we're getting.

WoodburyMan

TG5611 Appears to be another Service Patrol Unit or perhaps some other DOT TG unit from the speech. I can hear "chirps" on the radio like it's a analog patch. My SDS200 (All I have available now...) does not report a UID on these. They're coming off of L Simulcast site.

I have a feeling with the snow we may get a few new DOT TG's and such. I have my SDS200 monitoring A,I,L sites for new TG's.

cg

Premium Subscriber
5611 is likely CONNDOT District 1. I also saw 5631, likely CONNDOT Dist 3. Both intermittent with patches with no traffic from a TRS radio heard. There are some radios affiliated with that TG, 187xxxx and 189xxxx series.

chris

RESQ766

Can someone map out site 34 with CC 769.88125 using DSDPlus? Somebody put it in the database saying it is in Colchester with a 773.33125 CC but I have always seen it popping up with a 769.88125 CC. Which is also interesting because that CC is licensed to the ERV. Also, I'm showing Site 34 is neighbors with the Troop A and Troop L sites and if it were to be in colchester, it would be neighbors with the Troop F, E, K, etc. sites.