RESQ766

I think it was DEMHS because all of the RID's are in the same range.

CT USAI - the transmissions are sparse and very brief
The wiki shows TG 3091 and 3092 as the CT USAI TG's with 182xxxx RIDs. I do agree, that the 191xxxx RIDs are rarely on the system. I normally only see those RIDs on the Fairfield County USAI TG's and many of them are console RIDs

cg

Premium Subscriber
The 182xxxx units I saw are CT Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) portables and a couple MCV portables I have logged.
I believe TG 3091 and 3092 are USAR secure TGs and not UASI.
The UASI talkgroups are rarely seen up in the greater Hartford area (Bridgeport is the UASI area I think). I would think the UASI radios are issued to municipal vehicles/workers and as such would have the tax town ID. I have seen a bunch with the "old" 54xxx IDs and some 135xxxx and 138xxxx portables to go with a few 191xxxx radios.

chris

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I went thru some of my logs from the storm and found:
TG 65398 - Wallingford patch
TG 65450 - Unknown but did catch a radio ID of 148xxxx

matt04

Premium Subscriber
148xxxx is a Wallingford RID.
I must be missing something. Using Wallingford as a example their Tax ID is 148 so the TG range would be 248xx IF they used CLMRN while the RID would be 148xxxx. So a town with a 2 digit tax ID, say Groton, will have a TG ID of 159xx and a RID of 59xxxx.

RESQ766

I must be missing something. Using Wallingford as a example their Tax ID is 148 so the TG range would be 248xx IF they used CLMRN while the RID would be 148xxxx. So a town with a 2 digit tax ID, say Groton, will have a TG ID of 159xx and a RID of 59xxxx.
Correct. The 65xxx TG's are just dynamic temporary patches. TG 65398 and 65450 are not going to be Wallingford's permanent TGID's. They are just temporary patch TG's. Because of this, the Wallingford Patch TGID's change all the time.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I’m still a little bit confused on the radio ID. So while a town using the state system will always have a five digit talk group ID under the plan, if they don’t have a three digit tax ID the radio ID format will simply be the two digit tax ID, and not a preceding 1, followed by the remainder of the number plan.

I.e. in my example Groton radio IDs will be 59xxxx not 159xxxx.

RESQ766

I’m still a little bit confused on the radio ID. So while a town using the state system will always have a five digit talk group ID under the plan, if they don’t have a three digit tax ID the radio ID format will simply be the two digit tax ID, and not a preceding 1, followed by the remainder of the number plan.

I.e. in my example Groton radio IDs will be 59xxxx not 159xxxx.
The TGID's are preceded by a 1, the RID's are not

RF-Sponge

During Old saybrok's fire on friday night, I heard coordinators talking to valley shore using HQ call signs. I didnt hear any of the task force talking. I dont know what there were working on.

Were there any other new talk groups or channels that anyone heard?

WoodburyMan

Looks like Site 34 Colchester was renamed and labeled as another ERV. Interesting! I did notice Site 34's CC reported different than the RR database the other week. Not sure where it's currently deployed though. About a week ago Site 22 Troop A, and Site 31 Troop L had it as neibors, I couldn't reach the site itself though. I tried from Woodbury, Oxford, and Southington. (Southington I can get B, L, A, G, I, H, F, and Hartford sites, really good location..the entire Central and Western district. Although G, B and Hartford sites I couldnt get that great)

Likewise they added TG 40-47 as testing channels. In my own scanner config I have a bunch of the 65xxx channels ive seen added as test channels to avoid them while i have discover on for my SDS200.

RESQ766

Looks like Site 34 Colchester was renamed and labeled as another ERV. Interesting! I did notice Site 34's CC reported different than the RR database the other week. Not sure where it's currently deployed though. About a week ago Site 22 Troop A, and Site 31 Troop L had it as neibors, I couldn't reach the site itself though. I tried from Woodbury, Oxford, and Southington. (Southington I can get B, L, A, G, I, H, F, and Hartford sites, really good location..the entire Central and Western district. Although G, B and Hartford sites I couldnt get that great)

Likewise they added TG 40-47 as testing channels. In my own scanner config I have a bunch of the 65xxx channels ive seen added as test channels to avoid them while i have discover on for my SDS200.
65xxx TGs are not for testing. They’re TGs that are dynamically assigned for subscribers roaming from other systems.

WoodburyMan

65xxx TGs are not for testing. They’re TGs that are dynamically assigned for subscribers roaming from other systems.
Ah okay. That makes sense as I have had Wallingford pop up as several different 65xxx TG's. Either way I just added them to my SDSxxx programming as TG's so I can set it to Avoid them as I have to set to scan and find unknown TG's and record them, doing that lets it skip over the 65xxx's that I don't really care about.