WoodburyMan

The talkgroup is LCD however, it is not a dispatch talkgroup. I think it is likely a staff or center operations type group and would expect other regional dispatch centers have similar groups. Separately, they may, at some point, have operational groups but I don't think that is the intention of this LCD group.
TFD Chief Towey and others were testing coverage on it recently.

chris
This channel needs to be relabeled. I submitted it to the database and have a few hours of recordings I went through.
This is Torrington Fire, Torrington signed the FD onto CLMRN
However the channel is referred to as "LCD Dispatch Zone 1', which looking on the LCD Dispatch channels in RR Database is Torrington. LCD covers them.
It should be labeled either "Torrington Fire Dispatch" or "LCD Dispatch Scene 1 - Torrington"
RID's all match to Torrington Tax ID number even dispatch console. Nothing else on it now as well.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
It's not Torrington, though. All towns use the Tax ID numbers in their TGs. This has been mentioned a few times in this thread. It's a Litchfield County TG. I'll add the "Zone 1" for now, but the actual use should be 100% verified to clarify the label..

cg

Premium Subscriber
Nothing is operational there yet. They have a couple portables and are using that group for some coverage testing. They are trying for a federal grant for funding the radio purchases although who knows what will happen now to Fed funding.
I think that LCD group is more of a talkgroup for the dispatch center itself rather than an operations type group.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
It isn't location based, it is Service based
1801 is LCD
1802 has previously been ID'ed as Northwest Public Safety Dispatch

matt04

Premium Subscriber
It's not Torrington, though. All towns use the Tax ID numbers in their TGs. This has been mentioned a few times in this thread. It's a Litchfield County TG. I'll add the "Zone 1" for now, but the actual use should be 100% verified to clarify the label..
I would imagine that if agencies like LCD or TN switch over they may use a different number scheme as the dispatch center may get say 16 TGs and assign various FDs to the TGs similar to how LCD and TN assign their VHF, LB or UHF freqs to various depts based on the geographic borders.

APX7500X2

This channel needs to be relabeled. I submitted it to the database and have a few hours of recordings I went through.
This is Torrington Fire, Torrington signed the FD onto CLMRN

This is not Torrington FD at all, it is LCDs talk group and they can use it for what ever, Right now they are using it to test around Torrington with the FD. Next week it could be used for testing in Sherman or patched to the LCD dispatch channel, Med 3, Command, Intercity fire...really anything they want any time they want.
Talking to someone at LCD they tell me they also have console to console patches that don't go over the trunk system just over the fiber, Like LCD has a console button to talk directly to the dispatcher at Troop L, B & A He said it looks just like any other channel on the console and also said they have them to other dispatch centers and all PSAPS will eventually have them

He said he was told that the Hotlines are going to be that way, soon every PSAP has it in the console , if you click on say New Haven county hot line every PSAP in New Haven county will hear it and no reason to go over the air or tie up a TG.
Very smart, anything that is just dispatch center to dispatch center has no need to have RF attached or be on a TG

All the regional centers have TG. The few I have so far are:
1801= LCD
1802= North West Public Safety
1803= Groton Fire Alarm
1804= Tolland County Dispatch

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Is anybody monitoring the clmrn This new talk group 40152 They transport medical supplies to hospitals throughout Connecticut anybody know what channel this would be

They sound like a Cub Scout Pack with a bunch of Space Patrol Walkie Talkies.

Over modulated and not very audible. I don't know what their "mission" is but they're inexperienced in radio use..

Very amateurish.

Over and out.

WoodburyMan

Troop I Simulcast (Site 1.29) as well as Troop A Simulcast (1.22) is now linked to Waterbury Simulcast. "Neighbor: 00001.097-1.1 ; Waterbury"

However, when connecting to Waterbury, it shows no neighbors. Same as always. I'll be watching to see if I get Waterbury Radio ID's or not on the linked sites.

WoodburyMan

Troop I Simulcast (Site 1.29) as well as Troop A Simulcast (1.22) is now linked to Waterbury Simulcast. "Neighbor: 00001.097-1.1 ; Waterbury"

However, when connecting to Waterbury, it shows no neighbors. Same as always. I'll be watching to see if I get Waterbury Radio ID's or not on the linked sites.
Still linked. However I noticed that the frequency listed, 851.1875, is currently a SCC for Waterbury. So at some point in the next few days or weeks they'll flip a switch so to speak and that will be Waterbury's primary CC and linked into CLMRN most likely and the radios will be able to roam much like Wallingford and Middletown systems.

Wonder if it's a new controller and they're going Phase II or something. No way to know until they go live.

Last edited:

WoodburyMan

Waterbury is still linked with Troop A and I. However the specified CC from Neighbor info for it is still inactive as a CC (And is a SCC on Waterbury, being used for voice/etc). Waiting to see what happens.
Wonder if they did that as a backup so they can be linked with the state easy due to COVID ripping through FD/PD departments in some places.