Cheeseburgers

I agree, it ebbs and flows though for the CSP. Like this morning for instance that guy who jumped off the Founders Bridge. That was busy for a bit.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Hearing what sounds like Southbury State PD constables on Troop A simulcast site using TG 23001. Definitely Southbury streets and also mentioned (town tax code) 130 and using SP 10-codes and lingo. It has the sound like it is a patch from something else possibly. It is a TDMA Phase II talkgroup.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Hearing what sounds like Southbury State PD constables on Troop A simulcast site using TG 23001. Definitely Southbury streets and also mentioned (town tax code) 130 and using SP 10-codes and lingo. It has the sound like it is a patch from something else possibly. It is a TDMA Phase II talkgroup.

I heard that too but usually hear them on Troop A dispatch 1

cg

Premium Subscriber
Some references in various Southbury town documents about ongoing police radio upgrade project. Looks like a CSP SGT and 21 constables so there could be plenty of room for additional channel needs.

chris

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Some references in various Southbury town documents about ongoing police radio upgrade project. Looks like a CSP SGT and 21 constables so there could be plenty of room for additional channel needs.

chris

Are they going to start using that and eliminate the Southbury Police P25 channel, does anyone know? Or will it be use in conjunction with it?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
@WoodburyMan

WoodburyMan

Unsure. I don't know their radio upgrade plans, however their EMS is still analog, and if they are mulling over a radio upgrade, and if we're seeing Southbury Police on their own TG, there's a chance the whole town may go CLMRN eventually. They may be testing or evaluating Police use now.

Southbury isn't in the Resident State Trooper program like Woodbury is although they have a CSP Sgt as chief (something they keep mulling over and debating replacing with a chief of police). They don't get dispatched over Troop A like Woodbury does Troop L. So it wouldn't be done like Woodbury where they have the town police P25 radio, which also has Fire/EMS and Public Works P25 channels, but still dispatched on Troop L CLMRN channel. My bet is if they go the CLMRN route, they'd have channels for EMS/Fire, Police, Town Works etc all on CLMRN with maybe extra police channels or channel for heritage ambulance (if they resolved that issue yet...) or something too.

It would make sense for Southbury to just use CLMRN as Troop A HQ is right next to their police station about a mile down main st south, and they have full and complete coverage in town from CLMRN L and A sites. And allow interop with CSP easier.

I'll have to monitor my recordings and see if i can see them on there too from ProScan logs.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Unsure. I don't know their radio upgrade plans, however their EMS is still analog, and if they are mulling over a radio upgrade, and if we're seeing Southbury Police on their own TG, there's a chance the whole town may go CLMRN eventually. They may be testing or evaluating Police use now.

Southbury isn't in the Resident State Trooper program like Woodbury is although they have a CSP Sgt as chief (something they keep mulling over and debating replacing with a chief of police). They don't get dispatched over Troop A like Woodbury does Troop L. So it wouldn't be done like Woodbury where they have the town police P25 radio, which also has Fire/EMS and Public Works P25 channels, but still dispatched on Troop L CLMRN channel. My bet is if they go the CLMRN route, they'd have channels for EMS/Fire, Police, Town Works etc all on CLMRN with maybe extra police channels or channel for heritage ambulance (if they resolved that issue yet...) or something too.

It would make sense for Southbury to just use CLMRN as Troop A HQ is right next to their police station about a mile down main st south, and they have full and complete coverage in town from CLMRN L and A sites. And allow interop with CSP easier.

I'll have to monitor my recordings and see if i can see them on there too from ProScan logs.
Check the logs for TGID 23001. Yesterday and today I heard some dispatches to Heritage Village and a couple other locations I recognized. Even sounds like the same person on their P25 so they must be cross broadcasting like they do with their EMS calls.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Comment in Southbury's 2019-20 budget for Police radio project included "New radios, equipment & towers" $1,000,000. They keep referring to it in the most recent Selectman Agenda so not done yet. The comment at the meeting was nothing new on the radio project.

Could buy some of those big $ multiband radios and go to CLMRN for just the PD.

They had moved just under $50,000 into the PD budget in early 2019:
"The Board of Finance reviewed the transfer of funds for police radio upgrades.
Mr. Reilly moved, Mr. Tolley seconded and it is RESOLVED, that the
Southbury Board of Finance approves the transfer of the sum of
$49,551 from Contingency to the Police Operating account. Motion
carries.
The Board of Selectmen reviewed the transfer of funds for police radio upgrades. It
was explained that the upgrade is necessary because Southbury is a resident trooper
town and must have the capability to communicate with the State."

chris

WoodburyMan

Oh yeah they have been crazy busy on TG 23001. 532 hits and over an hour of recording between 4/28 and today (5/1). They seem to be on Troop A Simulcast only and not Troop L Simulcast. Monitoring DSDPlus on A Simulcast now. This is DSDPlus from the last few days though with TG 23001. Looks like they're following CLMRN convention, 130 for Southbury, 1301xxx for Mobile, 1304xxx for Portables. 33 and 834156 maybe radio techs. Don't see any dispatch UID's so they may be patches for now. (They would be 1309xxx)

WoodburyMan

I take this back... Southbury is already on CLMRN Troop A dispatch. I just never caught it since their PD dispatch was always very active. Never knew their primary dispatch was Troop A. Their UID's are all over my DSDPlus logs on Troop A from at least 4/28+.. I do not have records of them on CLMRN before that with their UID's in 130xxx form.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I take this back... Southbury is already on CLMRN Troop A dispatch. I just never caught it since their PD dispatch was always very active. Never knew their primary dispatch was Troop A. Their UID's are all over my DSDPlus logs on Troop A from at least 4/28+.. I do not have records of them on CLMRN before that with their UID's in 130xxx form.

They do use both, I hear things on both troop A and their own p25. The new TGID may possibly be used for EMS ?

bmeehan282

Premium Subscriber
Southbury is a resident trooper system. It's larger than most RST towns, so they employ a CSP Sgt to oversee it. Even though Troop A is located in Southbury, Southbury maintains their own PSAP and dispatch. Usually two dispatchers working. They have two EMS services (Heritage Village & Southbury Amb), two FDs (Southbury Training School & Southbury VFD), the town police, and Heritage Village Security. They are all typically dispatched on their own VHF radio channels, 6 in total (PD, SAA, HVAA, SVFD, STSFD, HV Sec), pretty much radio overkill in such a small town. The PD pretty much stays on their own radio, but once in a while interacts with Troop A TG. Recently they began a Southbury TG (23001) which seems to be a patch, rather than a free standing system. You can hear the PD calls on it, and they simulcast EMS and Fire dispatches, not operations. Not sure how they'll 'scan' Troop A and the Southbury TG if they go totally trunking.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Haddam was conducting testing on TG 16104 yesterday, not sure who though.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I meant I cound't figure out if i was a FD, PD, Etc. user testing. Didn't use any reconizabe call signs like Engine 1, etc.

jfr454

Help. Has anyone successfully programmed a CLMRN site in a PSR600 radio? I have been trying to program Troop H site only and the radio does not receive.
I have done the same on a 396xt and it recieves fine. Troops still Ph1 for now.

Reconrider

Help. Has anyone successfully programmed a CLMRN site in a PSR600 radio? I have been trying to program Troop H site only and the radio does not receive.
I have done the same on a 396xt and it recieves fine. Troops still Ph1 for now.
Never used it, but from what I read it kind of looks like the interface of the ws1040. What program are you using?