900mhz

No changes in RSSI from my location...a steady -62dBm here in northern Hamden, although I have a good shot to the north, using an 8 element yagi aimed towards Talcott Mt. I see about a 30 dB difference when I switch to my southern aimed yagi, which is utilized for Suffolk County NY TRS, but -90 still works with no BER issues with Troop H simulcast.

WoodburyMan

Not sure if relevant as this is just anecdotal. Troop H from my office used to be full strength a few months ago... now I notice it drops in and out... what is full strength now from my office (Queen St. Southington) is Troop L Simulcast, full signal strength. Never used to be be like that. FWIW
I get -100db to -105db down the road Plantsville Summer St area. Hasn't changed much for me in the last 2mo. Once a week or so the SDS100 needs a reset, and set it to "Site Lock" onto Troop H for 30 seconds or so at first after the reset to get good clear coverage. This is also from a indoor mini discone, not the best conditions...

WoodburyMan

No changes in RSSI from my location...a steady -62dBm here in northern Hamden, although I have a good shot to the north, using an 8 element yagi aimed towards Talcott Mt. I see about a 30 dB difference when I switch to my southern aimed yagi, which is utilized for Suffolk County NY TRS, but -90 still works with no BER issues with Troop H simulcast.
It's amazing how strong that is. I can pick it up in Woodbury, even some of the weird 500mhz setups they have in Suffolk County, but I get their 800mhz clear as day all over, especially in Oxford. One of them shares an ACC with Waterbury and I pick it up on occasion.

A whole new flock of CSP Trainees has hit the road on the encrypted Trainee Talk Group.

In a matter of weeks they will be assigned their cars and hit the streets.

Good listening!

WoodburyMan

Ladies and gents we have a new "Site 40" with a CC of 852.65.

Not in range of Woodbury. Not sure what site's it's linked to yet, at least Troop L Simulcast site 31. I checked Site 21 (G), 22 (A), 29 (I), H (28). Not peered with any of those.

Also, this frequency in the database is listed as a ACC for Troop K (30). The FCC license has it for a bunch of locations all over the state, so hard to say where it might be.

It's possible this could be around Waramaug or something like the old system had if it's linked to L.

Can anyone else try and see if they're in range of this or guess it's location?

digitalBill

View attachment 87970

Ladies and gents we have a new "Site 40" with a CC of 852.65.

Not in range of Woodbury. Not sure what site's it's linked to yet, at least Troop L Simulcast site 31. I checked Site 21 (G), 22 (A), 29 (I), H (28). Not peered with any of those.

Also, this frequency in the database is listed as a ACC for Troop K (30). The FCC license has it for a bunch of locations all over the state, so hard to say where it might be.

It's possible this could be around Waramaug or something like the old system had if it's linked to L.

Can anyone else try and see if they're in range of this or guess it's location?
Skiff Mtn on the Kent/Sharon line? I noticed there was an antenna on a building there after the old 800 system antenna was removed

WoodburyMan

A member here verified Site 40 is Skiff Mountain without a doubt. Signal was so strong DSDPlus worked without an antenna on the SDR, and no gain! It's Linked to L and B like I thought.

Site: 1.40 NAC=3A0 ; Skiff Mtn (Kent)

Neighbor: BEE00.3A9-1.23 ; Troop B
Neighbor: BEE00.3A9-1.31 ; Troop L

Channel 0-69: 851.43750 SCC
Channel 0-263: 852.65000 CC

WoodburyMan

Bit of a surprise today......
TDMA for all (Phase 2)

chris
I think it may be more than that.

I'm pretty sure they're on their way to full encryption. I'm seeing my SDS100 and SDS200 skip over some transmissions for Troop L, A and H dispatch like it's an encrypted TG where it shows it for a second and goes away.

It's 3:20pm. My SDS200 has not seen Troop L Dispatch console since 12:56pm. Over 2.5 hours.

Encryption is also on the DOT channel now for gods sake. It's skipping them too.

This pisses me off. They have had encrypted talk groups for secure coms for each State Police Troop.

RIP scanning in Connecticut...

LD723

I think it may be more than that.

I'm pretty sure they're on their way to full encryption. I'm seeing my SDS100 and SDS200 skip over some transmissions for Troop L, A and H dispatch like it's an encrypted TG where it shows it for a second and goes away.

It's 3:20pm. My SDS200 has not seen Troop L Dispatch console since 12:56pm. Over 2.5 hours.

Encryption is also on the DOT channel now for gods sake. It's skipping them too.

This pisses me off. They have had encrypted talk groups for secure coms for each State Police Troop.

RIP scanning in Connecticut...
For C and K which is what I mostly receive here in mass is phase 2 and in the clear. Nothing encrypted or at least yet

LD723

I'll see if H comes up encrypted since I can receive that too
Update: Troop H dispatch is not enc

WoodburyMan

For C and K which is what I mostly receive here in mass is phase 2 and in the clear. Nothing encrypted or at least yet
It may be phased. I'm hearing some mobile units on L and A right now, but the dispatch consoles are all encrypted. It's just a matter until they update either the radios or they reset their radios I bet.
This is typically how it goes when systems go encrypted. Some radios and consoles can be heard until they update them all.

**EDIT**
Nope. I can pick up some random Time Slot 2 transmissions with my current settings.

It's encryption.

Troop H seems to have the most in the clear calls now, but still some. Troop L seems to have the most encrypted followed by A.

Last edited:

WoodburyMan

I may be premature with this. I noticed my SDS200 is not picking up only channels using Time Slot 1 having issues with Time Slot 2.
I think my programming may be off as my Sentinel Software has the System as P25 Trunked, not P25 X2 TDMA which may be needed.

PhillyPhoto

My SDS200 which normally has no issues is showing the same flash of the talkgroup, but not stopping on it and decoding audio. However, DSDPlus isn't showing the talkgroup as being encrypted. You can see encrypted calls at the top for other talkgroups.

PhillyPhoto

I may be premature with this. I noticed my SDS200 is not picking up only channels using Time Slot 1 having issues with Time Slot 2.
I think my programming may be off as my Sentinel Software has the System as P25 Trunked, not P25 X2 TDMA which may be needed.
P25 should be fine, since I have heard P2 talkgroups in the past fine on both my SDS100 and 200.

WoodburyMan

My SDS200 which normally has no issues is showing the same flash of the talkgroup, but not stopping on it and decoding audio. However, DSDPlus isn't showing the talkgroup as being encrypted. You can see encrypted calls at the top for other talkgroups.

View attachment 88298
Same for me, but DSDPlus may not be able to tell all calls are encrypted. it depends on the header and type of information. It may not be updated to fully display this correctly for CLMRN.
P25 should be fine, since I have heard P2 talkgroups in the past fine on both my SDS100 and 200.
Yeah... I just got some Slot02 talk groups on it. So its not my programming. Most definitely encryption.

Troop H is mostly in the clear now with a few exceptions, Troop L and A are almost fully encrypted now with a few transmissions far and few between.