BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Clock fixed now no dmr

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbord

Premium Subscriber
Sent my BCD436HP in for the clock/battery repair and now on my dmr frequencies all I'm hearing is control channel noise. Did I lose the dmr updated?

I tried reloading the frequencies using the dmr simplex instructions and it shows in Sentinel but when I write it to the scanner it doesn't show up in the scanner.

Not sure if this is all connected but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also I can't figure out how to check if the scanner has the dmr update installed.

Thanks, Don

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Try re-entering your DMR key. If it's active the scanner will say so when you try to re-enter the key.

JamesO

You have to re-enter the DMR and/or ProVoice key on the 436HP when the clock repair is performed.

The 436HP logic board is replaced when the RTC repair is made and Uniden does not reload the DMR or ProVoice key so this is required when the scanner is returned to you.

dbord

Premium Subscriber
Reentered dmr and all is well, I haven't seen any mention of having to do this.
Thanks for the help.
Still having the problem getting a simplex dmr frequency into the scanner. Shows it in Sentinel but when I write to scanner it's not showing up.
Don

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Make sure the Download setting for the Favorite List is turned on in the scanner profile.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Reentered dmr and all is well, I haven't seen any mention of having to do this.
Thanks for the help.
Still having the problem getting a simplex dmr frequency into the scanner. Shows it in Sentinel but when I write to scanner it's not showing up.
Don

To monitor a Favorite list, make sure it is set to on. Menu-> Set Scan Selection -> Select Lists to monitor. Make sure system, group, and channel you want to monitor are not avoided. If you have set quick keys, make sure appropriate quick keys are enabled. Make sure appropriate services are enable by pressing Func+Zip/Services. For testing, make sure use location is off for the Favorite List. Menu -> Manage Favorites - Favorite List -> Use Location Control -> Off. You can re enable location control if you want to use it, but be sure location and ranges are correct in the FL and your location set within the scanner (or with a GPS) are inside the range.

There are also specific settings to receive DMR simplex. Channel should be set for Digital Only. Digital Threshold Mode should be Manual. Digital Threshold Level should be 5. The radio is less picky about repeaters or trunked systems where these settings can be left as Auto.

dbord

Premium Subscriber
Thanks cellphone, haven't had time to go through your list but printed it out.

Don

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
This is interesting. I bought a 436 second hand and it came with DMR but no key. So if they RTC or board goes, how do I get my DMR back?

JamesO

This is interesting. I bought a 436 second hand and it came with DMR but no key. So if they RTC or board goes, how do I get my DMR back?

I recall this question came up, might be in the Campaign thread??? and UPMan indicated this could happen where someone has a used scanner and Uniden would have the info on file and could get the Key to you on an as needed basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.