Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I wouldn't like a clock.

Votes: 28 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonS

If you're thinking of a clock like the PSR-800 has, then there's a problem: the PSR-500 doesn't have the hardware necessary to maintain a clock, especially when it's "turned off".

The PSR-800 has clock hardware that is maintained (via a few microamps from the batteries) when the scanner is powered down.

If any kind of "clock" functionality was added to the PSR-500 firmware, you'd have to set the clock every time you turned the scanner on.

scannerboy01

A clock that could work is one that has the atomic feature that receives radio signals as soon as it turns on. The only problem to that would be is that the frequencies for atomic radio signals isn't in the receiving range of the PSR-500.

robschonk

I have a PSR-800 with a clock, but I can only read it when the scanner is plugged into power, and the scanner is off. It's only function is to provide a time/date stamp for the .AU files when recording. Otherwise, useless.

n5ims

Why not have a clock that's set by an on-board GPS system that can also be used to (optionally) select the nearby systems and the closest tower on a multi-site system. That would be something worth having.

jambo

It would be a cool feature on the desktop model. As far as the 500 goes. I don't see a need for it, because now days people just use their cell phone for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.