"Clock Settings Lost" Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Almost every time I turn on my 536, it gives me the "Clock Settings Lost" error message on start-up. I have to set the clock every time. For a while, it would give me that message and when it went into the clock set mode, it would show the correct date and time. Now, it resets to default and I have to set the time and date. What's going on here? I use the scanner for at least eight hours every day and this issue has only started happening in the last week or so. I have also began noticing that my 436HP is doing the same thing when on battery power.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Almost every time I turn on my 536, it gives me the "Clock Settings Lost" error message on start-up. I have to set the clock every time. For a while, it would give me that message and when it went into the clock set mode, it would show the correct date and time. Now, it resets to default and I have to set the time and date. What's going on here? I use the scanner for at least eight hours every day and this issue has only started happening in the last week or so. I have also began noticing that my 436HP is doing the same thing when on battery power.
You may need to send them in for repair. This was released some time ago. I had to send both my 436HP & 536HP. Besides addressing the clock issue, Uniden also deals with display dimming issues.

see http://forums.radioreference.com/un...6hp-bcd536hp-repair-campaign.html#post2462973

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Okay. Thanks for the info. The 536 I have was purchased new in box on eBay in March of 2015. My 436 only does it every once in a while when it is on battery power, so it is not much of a nuisance.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Okay. Thanks for the info. The 536 I have was purchased new in box on eBay in March of 2015. My 436 only does it every once in a while when it is on battery power, so it is not much of a nuisance.
Both of mine were purchased about the same time as your 536. My 436 was the first to have the 'clock issue', then much later, that popped up on the 536, which also had a dimming display. I finally sent them last October. No problems with either since. Turn-around, including shipping, was about ten days, but I'm in the one-day ship zone on ground for the repair location in Roanoke.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
The display on my 536 has always been dim (now that you mention it, so has my 436), and it was only recently when I picked up a second, used 536 that had been through the repair campaign that I noticed that it was dim.

Status
Not open for further replies.