Clone 996XT to 536HP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzhead

Hello all,

I have both 396/996XT scanners and am thinking of getting one of the new Unidens.

I have looked for the answer to my question in the FAQ's but unable to find it so here goes...

Is there an easy way to clone a 996XT file/radio personality into a new 536HP ? I am using Freescan now to program my existing radios and I really don't want to spend several week's programming a new scanner with 1000+ memories/channels.

What are you folk's doing that have both models of radios? Does the Sentinel software recognize the old 396/996 files?

Thank's for your help.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I have both 396/996XT scanners and am thinking of getting one of the new Unidens.

I have looked for the answer to my question in the FAQ's but unable to find it so here goes...

Is there an easy way to clone a 996XT file/radio personality into a new 536HP ? I am using Freescan now to program my existing radios and I really don't want to spend several week's programming a new scanner with 1000+ memories/channels.

What are you folk's doing that have both models of radios? Does the Sentinel software recognize the old 396/996 files?

Thank's for your help.

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...ntinel-conventional-converter-excel-file.html

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Thank's for your help.

I assume you are using FreeScan with your 996XT and those files are not compatible with Sentinel and the x36HP radios. The author of FreeScan has mentioned that it is unlikely he will support the x36HP radios with a FreeScan version for them but a conversion program from FreeScan to software that supports the x36HP radios would be very helpful. Butel may or may not support conversion from their T & XT radios programs to the new x36HP radios but you might want to go to Butel's website and look over the beta version and see if anything like that is mentioned.

I exported my FreeScan T & XT files into an Excel friendly file and then arranged it so it would work with a "Copy and Paste" into Sentinel for the x36HP radios. It is somewhat time consuming but I like messing with such things so for me it was fun.

However, the Excel spread sheet template that "fxdscon" gives a link to should be very helpful in saving you some time as it has the lay you need. It did not exist when I did my conversions and I did not think to make a template myself so it should come in handy.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The ARC536 will import these files. I've got the Beta version and other than importing GPS information, it seems to work well converting them over from XT to 536 format.

However you will have to edit the Service Tags as this is data not in the T/XT files. (ARC does have the option to assign default Service Tags for import purposes).

garys

Premium Subscriber
The ARC536 will import these files. I've got the Beta version and other than importing GPS information, it seems to work well converting them over from XT to 536 format.

However you will have to edit the Service Tags as this is data not in the T/XT files. (ARC does have the option to assign default Service Tags for import purposes).

Thanks for pointing that last part out. The option is under Setup, but it's not well labeled.

The XT import option works very well. Gommert has put some real effort into mapping all of the fields from XT to 536.

Status
Not open for further replies.