Clone Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

btritch said:
My Pro 97 keeps changing on it's own to "Clone Mode" and when you tap the connection it comes back up normal, This a short? Should I send it to be fixed?

HEY did it do it when you used the usb cable for programing it cause mine did that once and i had to reupload the info to the scanner and i took it back and the guy told me there was nothing wrong with it that i needed to lock the key pad

lugoffman

Try locking the key pad hit func. key and then the light key. and repeat it to take the lock off.
if that dont work i would take it back to see what they thank they may trade it out for you

btritch

lugoffman said:
HEY did it do it when you used the usb cable for programing it cause mine did that once and i had to reupload the info to the scanner and i took it back and the guy told me there was nothing wrong with it that i needed to lock the key pad

I first noticed it when I uploaded info to it with the USB cable LAST night, I hooked it up, Swaped some stuff around, Unplugged it and it still said Clone on the screen, so I had to plug the cable back up and unplug it again before it went off the screen..THEN, I was out in the yard this afternoon and had it laying on the patio while I was doing yard work, The wind got up and it fell off the patio and hit the ground which I KNOW wasn't good and when I picked it up it said the same thing "Clone Mode" and I tapped it on the side where the PC/IF hookup is and it reset and started working, It might not do it again but I thought I'd check on here and see what everyone else thought before It got a big jump on me and confused me....But going back to your original question, YES It DID do it when I uploaded information off the USB cable the first time but the second time, No..BUT it hasn't done it since..

lugoffman

I would say thats what the problem was then it might not do it again untill you upload somthing on it cause mine done it once and i had to ask someone on here what was the problem and thats what they told me to do was to reupload it

btritch

lugoffman said:
I would say thats what the problem was then it might not do it again untill you upload somthing on it cause mine done it once and i had to ask someone on here what was the problem and thats what they told me to do was to reupload it

Ok, Hopefully, If It keeps it up, I'll check with the store here and see what they want to do about it! $ 200 bucks for a scanner, They'd better do SOMETHING, LOL Thanks Again!

lugoffman

Hey if they dont do nothing you can call the office in texas and the women there will grant you one return and one only as long as its been less than a year. the number is on there web page. www.radioshack.com its in the contact us part at the bottom i thank or it may be at the top .

btritch

lugoffman said:
Hey if they dont do nothing you can call the office in texas and the women there will grant you one return and one only as long as its been less than a year. the number is on there web page. www.radioshack.com its in the contact us part at the bottom i thank or it may be at the top .

OK, It's less than a year old, January I think..

DickH

btritch said:
My Pro 97 keeps changing on it's own to "Clone Mode" and when you tap the connection it comes back up normal, This a short? Should I send it to be fixed?
Try this:
1 - Turn the scanner OFF.
2 - Plug in the cable, then remove it. Do this several times. The jack may be hanging up and that might loosen it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Status
Not open for further replies.